Thread: Alaska Rod builders

Default Alaska Rod builders

The final Spring Gathering for the Alaska Rodbuilders will take place this weekend. We will have some new builders there so I will cover rod assembly for them, then I have been asked to demostrate setting up spacing for a Buttwrap. I will try to cover anything else somebody wants to see but you have to let me know today as I have to put the supplies to gether to take to the Gathering. For food I ask that everyone brings something for everyone to snack on. If need be we can order some Pizza. I will bring the Coffee and doughnuts. Here is the info for the gathering

When May 22nd 10:00 AM
    Where Peters Creek American Legion

Here are the Directions

From Anchorage

Head North on the Glenn Highway
    Take the firs Peters Creek exit
    Turn left at the Offramp Stop Sign taking you underneath the Glenn
    you will come to a 4 way stop turn right at the 4 way stop sign
    The American legion will be on the left about 3/4ths of a mile down that road. We will be in the resteraunt side of the American Legion

From Wasilla/Palmer
    Head South on the Glenn Highway
    Take the second Peters Creek Exit
    Turn right at the offramp stop sign
    proceed to the 4 way stop and turn right
    The American legion will be on the left about 3/4ths of a mile down that road. We will be in the resteraunt side of the American Legion

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Call me if you have any questions. Kirk C 229-2757

Kirk

That's my post and I really wish I could've made it. I've been getting the itch to build my first rod.

Default Looking for suggestions

Saw your post and i have been looking for a group like this for sometime. Unfortunately Im located in the lower 48 in the midwest. Where do i start? I have been wanting to build a rod for sometime now. Suggestions would be helpful. Thanks