Thread: Little su

Default Little su

So is there any updates on the fishing on the little su?
    whats the water look like? Is there a lot of boats on the river all ready?
    thanks for your help folks.

water at the bridge looked slow and clear.. dont know about conditions lower on the river. Didnt fish it, just did a rubber neck as I went by... I wish i could have fished it though

Slow......

very slow, a few boats, skinny water

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    So is there any updates on the fishing on the little su?
    whats the water look like? Is there a lot of boats on the river all ready?
    thanks for your help folks.
    Shouldnt you be working

I went to the Little Su today to check it out and try out a new rod. I parked at the Little Su public access down towards Pt. McKenzie and walked the trails along the river bank. Fished for about 2 hours, saw 10-15 other anglers on the river, but not a single strike. About 6 or 7 boats passed.

On my way back the Ranger asked how I did, and said that it's looking like it'll be decent fishing by next weekend.

Default hopefull

Well I will be on the river this week after wendsday. hope to get atleast 1 fish. and skybust somebody has to protect the people!!

I heard a trooper ran into someone on the little su this past weekend
    does anyone know what happened!!!!!

Didn't hear about anything - hopefully nobody got hurt.

I talked to two at the launch on Saturday (AM) on their way out and another two came by Camp to check licenses and bait stations (PM). Both were heading towards the Yentna in different boats and were very polite talking to us for a while. On Sunday, there were Troopers at the fishing hole near Deshka landing.. there was allot of law on the water last weekend.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Default Little Su accident.

My family and I hit the Deshka Sunday morning and heard the story about the trooper accident. Was told that the trooper was making a sharp turn around a corner and the other oncoming boat failed to stay to the right and pretty much ran the trooper out of room. The one boat had a child in it and guess he banged/cut his head but nothing really serious.
    On a good note, we did limit in kings (2) in about 1 1/2 hr of fishing the Deshka mouth...

I hate hearing about boat accidents but glad to hear about the fish you caught.

big daddy did you get out and catch one Ive been busy with my bait station been on the river alot already this year 6 trip 50 gallons of fuel already hoping the bait get hit hear this week but what the hell a day on the river beats any day out work

I went out today for about 3 hours. Saw about 20 others hoping for a king. Did not see even one hit. Very slow still...

I went out yesterday too. It was a very quiet day on the water and I didn't see anyone hanging and carving fish when I finally gave up at about 2. While the fish are not cooperating all that much, the weather certainly is. It's still early and feels like July - not May, and it could all change in a week or two. Andy seems to be doing at least ok. You guys should check out his link.

http://fish4salmon.com/reports/2010/m-s2010.asp