Thread: cutco serrated?

Default cutco serrated?

Is there anyone that has the cutco serrated in the anchorage area and what are they running?

Cheapest place I have found them is on Ebay. They are pretty spending straight from Cutco or their dealers.

You could contact Cutco and find local dealers in your area. I think that information is provided because the dealers usually do sharpening as well. My brother hooked up with the local Cutco dealer in Fairbanks and ended up buying a full kitchen $et from them. Not what he had in mind, but with the lifetime free sharpening and warranty, it'll be a good investment down the road.

I bought the larger hunting knife years ago.. still as sharp as the day i bought it. 65.00 at the time... I recently bought an adjustable fillet knife and whole kitchen set ($$$$).. and they threw in a folding serrated blade knife. I would have never bought the whole set had i not owned and abused the other for years and it held up so well.

Josh woods cutco dealer 907 522 8826

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Cheapest place I have found them is on Ebay.
    This is the cheapest place i have found them too. I got the straight edge one a couple of years ago as a christmas presant and I love it. I had my name engraved on the blade too.

Default Serrated Cutco

Tboehm,

I used mine to gut, skin, and bone 2 musk ox last year and it worked great. Still slicing good after finishing both.

Randy

Default Fleabay

I just got their #1769 serrated for 43 bucks.... Never used one before, hoping it works out.

Josh usually gives me pretty good deals.. have a few hunting and fishing knives I bought from him - they hold their blade quite well.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Direct marketing SCAM...........junk product!

Why in the hell does this thread have any stars??

Default is that a joke

Quote Originally Posted by haff202 View Post

Please, way too many people including myself use them with great success. It's not my favorite knife, but it's always sharp, and a good backup for when the others get dull. I have a $200.00 foreign knife, that is crap in comparisson, Do you own a knife production company in Alaska... makes me wonder why you bash, because clearly you have no direct knowledge with these.

The serrated one is excellent for cutting salmon heads at Chitina. I have both and used them as follows: at Chitina I used the serrated-blade one, for hunting (skinning) I use the straight-edge one.

Quote Originally Posted by haff202 View Post

I disagree.. my entire kitchen is Cutco and the wife and I are very happy with their products; so are many of our friends. As to their hunting and fishing knives, well, I would rate them an 8 of 10 and better than some of the items I've bought from Cabela's.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Default I'll be the judge

I ended up finding one on ebay of coarse, so I will give it a try this trip to see how it fares and will post some feed back