Thread: How long to wait

Default How long to wait

Well, I almost have my three hunting trips planned for and half paid for. May POW black bear hunt, Aug caribou hunt out of Happy Valley, and Moose hunt out of King Salmon. I know alot of people wait to the sportmans show to book, but I think best time to get good deals is at the end of the season. Only problem i have now is leave, LOL. Never enough time off work. Was wondering how many of you have you plans made and how many dont. A lot of the good outfits books up early.

Terry

I've got plenty of plans, but since I do the vast majority of my hunting on foot, I don't need to worry about putting down any money or making reservations. Hopefully my plans will be changing, though, when the drawing permits come out soon!

-Brian

Default Your late

I started planning my next caribou and sheep hunt on the way back from the caribou and sheep hunt I had just been on in August. Started planning my next deer hunt as soon as I returned to Alaska for the L48 hunt deer hunt. Planning is or can be as much fun as the hunt.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Before the hunt

I agree. The research, planning, and logistical challenges easily account for at least half of the enjoyment/fun/satisfaction of a hunt...and that part is pretty much low cost!

Who are you doing the POW Black Bear with?

Default Do you mean who outfitting it

I have all the equipment, and have done all the planning, but did get some good information from a buddy that has done a good bit of hunting and outfitting out there. Just got my forest service road map yesterday. PM you with more info. I'm hunting with my brother and my son.

Terry

Default Only change

Only change I might make this season is to make my son's and I's bou trip into a sheep/bou hunting trip In the brooks. Last year he did good when I was training for my delta sheep hunt. Excited to have a partner that we only have to answer to the same women. He shot a excellent tasting fork horn moose this year and really has the hunting bug.

Terry

Thumbs up Ready to go

Iíve got my time off of work already scheduled for the entire year as well. I will be bear hunting on the rivers and with a friend out in PWS this spring. For moose hunting I usually stay fairly local to where I live and then two weeks out in the PWS again for deer/bear hunting in November. I usually email the guy that takes us out in the fall around Sept. but we have been going out with him for about 10 years now so I believe he pretty much automatically books us for the trip. If you are going out with people I donít think that you can be too early making plans, better to be safe than have someone else go out when and where you wanted to be.