Thread: Where to get and what to get patching kids raft

Default Where to get and what to get patching kids raft

I need to patch my kids little yellow seyvlour or whatever it is fredmeyer cheapo toy raft it has a it has a good hole in it what are my options and where do I need to go to get materials. This boat is only about $20 -30 new I don't mind paying $15 if I can get enough stuff to fix future holes but if it's over that I may just need to get a new one

Go to walmart and buy a vinyl repair kit. All you really only need a piece of vinyl and some vinyl glue/cement.

What department would that be found in, hardware? Sorry to ask but the employees there are not always so helpful.

Try Sporting Goods, but hardware might have it too. Vinyl cement is available anywhere, and all you need to add is a piece of vinyl to make the patch. Another option is a vinyl chair repair kit. It's the same stuff. You can also get suitable repair materials from Alaska Raft and Kayak on Tudor, across from Cattle Company, but their stuff might be a bit of an overkill for what you want to do.

I have alot of tear tape that Tracy sells at AK raft. If you want a piece just shoot me a pm. Id be glad to give you a chunk for your kid. Just let me know
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thumbs up

Think you called yesterday... How's the project coming along?

More or less what I related yesterday --- You may concentrate on the problem you have easily identified already,,,, yet have other stuff like seams, valves, seeping as well. Any luck here?

I did set aside some free yellow fabric remnants for ya for the repair, plus to have a little more on hand just in case... I'd also take up Chuck's free offer on trying Tear-Aid Tape w/ a little sterile towelette for the clean before application. You'll certainly have a use for Tear-Aid on this little boat.