Thread: Scat!

Default Scat!

That big cinnamon black bear that i posted pics of left a few piles of this behind, we had a huge snowstorm and i got snowed out, he cleaned the bait out and took off. ever since then it's been really slow at my site, would this scat keep other bears from coming in, should i get rid of it?2010 bear bait 012.jpg

Default Doubt it

I doubt that his scat affects anything. More than likely he found a better food source. When that one drys up he might be back.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default scat

In our stand if there is good bait they will come back..even when a grizzly is dominating the area once it leaves the black bears come in..for their turn.

Last we had a grizz show up like clock work... 15 minutes after he left the black bears would come in

Just keep good scent and fresh food out they will be back..hopefully not rubbed up..

Default scat removal

just pour some syrup on any scat piles you want gone the other bears will eat it and it'll be gone, been doing it for years. Anytime I have a brownie pile I just coat in syrup and it disapears.

this is all good to know, i thought maybe a smaller bear might be intimidated to come in, but i guess not. hoping to make something happen soon, do any of you guys use sow in heat at your baits?