Thread: Coffman Cove P.O.W

Default Coffman Cove P.O.W

I'm thinking of hunting deer in the coffman cove area at the end of Aug.Do alot of people hunt this area? Anybody that could give any advice would
    be a great help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garyrad View Post
    I'm thinking of hunting deer in the coffman cove area at the end of Aug.Do alot of people hunt this area? Anybody that could give any advice would
    be a great help. Thanks
    Do bears poop in the woods? You'll have a lot of competition..... Your best bet is to go high and hunt alpine areas.

Good luck.

paging gooch. Gooch to the hunting forum please.

Seriously. Forum member goes by the handle gooch. You should get ahold of him.

I don't think anyone would mind if I link his website: http://www.coffmancoveak.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Do bears poop in the woods? You'll have a lot of competition..... Your best bet is to go high and hunt alpine areas.

Good luck.
    Even in the alpine areas? My experience -- granted, it's limited to around Juneau -- is the hike to the alpine thins out a LOT of people. Especially if you go during the middle of the week, iffy weather, ect...

The road system on POW is vast.. Don't limit yourself to what is right next door to Coffman Cove. Pick a mountain on the road system, hike up it, camp out, and see what happens at first light. Bucks on all the mountains. Some are just more educated than others.