Thread: How Big?

Default How Big?

How big do you think this brown bear is? It doesnt look very big but the hanging bag is at least 10 feet off the ground. He is flat footed and almost touching the bag with his nose. His head looks small compared to his body which is a sign of a big bear but he just doesnt look big. I have other pictures with my 6 foot tall buddy standing in the same place and you can see that the bag is almost twice his highth. We did see tracks on the trail coming into the bait that were about 7-8 inches wide. He pulled the bag down, munched on the popcorn mixture and left without touching the bait barrel. We havent got any other hits sinse (brown or black). We recently replaced the hanging bag with an anise Bait ball/bell, berry gel balls and some new "top secret" stuff from you know who, so let the games begin. I know it says "do not eat" on the containers but it smells so strong and good! there may have been an accidental "premature injestation". Oh well, we will see what happens (so far so good). Sorry if this post is slightly boring, this is all Ive got for now! The "Have"nt been hit yet" and "Someone put a bait next to mine" has already been taken. Anyway, good luck to you all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default big

I would say around 8ft

In the first picture the bear is shy of reaching the bag at 10 feet. I guess the bear is about 7 1/2 feet long.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

nose to tail 6.5 foot-7 foot
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    nose to tail 6.5 foot-7 foot
    Hate to copy ya Vince but I think it's right in that 6 1/2 to 7 ft range.

Looks like he put them claws to use, and snagged the bag down to get a snack. Perhaps he's gettin' a full meal elsewhere?????