Thread: New do-it-yourself camp looking for advice

Default New do-it-yourself camp looking for advice

I bought a camp on the Naknek ( last year. We are operating a budget camp ($1395 for a do-it-yourself week with cabin, food and boat) and $1695 for the standard guided week.

I am looking for equipment to use for spinning and plugging for kings and silvers. I have the fly equipment covered, since I have been a fly guide for 20 plus years. Most of the fishing we have been doing is fly, but there is a lot of conventional fishing available in the system that we haven't been taking advantage of very often.

Any advice on what I should get? Especially for backtrolling and casting for fresh kings in the big water. I used standard 71/2 foot St Croix saltwater rods last summer, but am looking to get a little more specialized this summer.

Also, anyone know of guide deals on plugs and lures? I have heard of guide programs, buying lures by the case at a great price, but don't know where to look for them.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default guide program

Try the great folks at Trustworthy Hardware and Fishing in Soldotna. With all the guides here, they treat them right and are just good people. They have everything you need for kings, silvers, reds.... etc

Sarasota, Florida

Default Field of Dreams...

I sent you a personal note about the spinners.

Advertising is a MUST for you. You will find no better site than where you are.
    Please contact our webmaster and get ready for the flock.

"If you build it, they will come..."