Thread: She is finally ready to fish!

Default She is finally ready to fish!

I bought a project to work on a couple of months back and after some elbow grease a large sum of money and a little patience, I think she is complete. Except for my back ordered fish finder from Cabelas that shouold be here this week. I re-did the transom dropping the motor to prop level , installed floor boards and built storage bench seats. I had the motor worked on at J Kimberly and they rebuilt the carbs and checked everything out. She is a 1976 Rhyan Craft Jon boat with the sides raised almost a foot making her seem much larger and roomier. The prop that came with the 2001 40HP Merc 4 stroke was a 15 pitch and I didn't think she would do very well with that much prop. I was correct. It wouldn't even get on step with a boat load of kids. I scored a smoking deal in a 12 pitch prop and she jumps right up and scoots fully loaded. I don't know what RPM I am running exactly as I paid my tuition rather than buy a tach yet. I have a pretty good ear and she doesnt sound too rapped out though. Once on step I can throttle back quite a bit and stay up. I have had her on a couple of shake down trips so far but Memorial Day weekend will be her first Kenai trip. Here are before and after pics.

[/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG] [/IMG]

Default guess the simple photo posting drirections arent so simple

I dont know why my pics dont show up.

here are the pics for ya

Default nice

looks like you put some nice effort into her and I'm sure that she will reward you for it and bring you many years of enjoyment. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Default Thanks

Thank you LuJon. I don't know what I did wrong but they wouldn't show up! I'm glad I put the links out there.