Thread: burbot

Default burbot

will any kind of stinky bait work? ie. hotdogs that have sat out for a few days in the sun... any anyone have a report on burbot fishing on the yukon this time of year? good bad?

Quote Originally Posted by aktyler View Post
    will any kind of stinky bait work? ie. hotdogs that have sat out for a few days in the sun... any anyone have a report on burbot fishing on the yukon this time of year? good bad?
    Try Shaw Creek towards Delta with some chicken livers??
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

shaw creek wont work... setting up bait stands on the yukon... so thats my only option :P

I have caught them on just about anything but they seem to prefer local fish parts. I have good luck on grayling heads and insides as well as whitefish parts. Frozen hearing worked but was way slow then again it could have been the waters I was fishing?
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Talking Bait and stuff

Best two baits 1. Whitefish 2. Eels. If in Fairbanks, get the whitefish at Santas smokehouse and dig eels in Chena Rv bank sand/muck behind Carlson ctr. Thats always worked for me for burbot in the 8-12 pound range. Frozen herring works, but is less effective. I use about a 2 ounce sinker on terminal end with 3-way swivle, and hook about 16 inches up from that.....fish it like cat fishn...keep line tight, and I often use a bell clipped on rod tip so I can relax. Sit back, open beer and enjoy the setting sun. Only thing left is finding a nice rocky hole along an unnamed river.