Thread: Bear Baiting Rules:

Default Bear Baiting Rules:

http://wc.adfg.state.ak.us/index.cfm...g.requirements

For those of you that did'nt see it in the other thread. ( distance between stations.)

Take time and read it. Good luck and try not to piss your neighbor off.

Where is the distance from bait to bait rule? I am not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Where is the distance from bait to bait rule? I am not seeing it.
    I read it yesterday and didn't see it either. However, i think it should fall under "common ethics".

But we all know that does NOT happen

Where in the rule book do you find “common ethics”?

Default There is no distance

You can realistically be within sight of another. What is ethics? I guess it is something that each person either has or doesn't.

One person's ethics may vary from another person's. I personally would not set up shop within at least a mile within someone else's stand.
    People used to hunting in more populated regions would probably see it ok with baiting within a few hundred yards of another stand.

I'm hoping you're kidding but if not, this may help (NOT IN REGS).....

Ethics (also known as moral philosophy) is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality—that is, concepts such as good and bad, noble and ignoble, right and wrong, justice, and virtue.

Default the answer

i talked to the local warden and you have to resort to the gmu regs for your area to find out if there are restictions in a given area my unit # 7 has some aruond cooper landing andsome where else but where i'm hunting there is no required distance i spoke with the guy who's baiting the area and he said there were others in the area as well but that if i wanted to bait ther too it would be fine because we can only kill one spring bear there, there's a ton of bears, and the more bait the better so i just have to pick a spot and register it
    p.s. got reports this is going to be the weekend good luck

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    i talked to the local warden and you have to resort to the gmu regs for your area to find out if there are restictions in a given area my unit # 7 has some aruond cooper landing andsome where else but where i'm hunting there is no required distance i spoke with the guy who's baiting the area and he said there were others in the area as well but that if i wanted to bait ther too it would be fine because we can only kill one spring bear there, there's a ton of bears, and the more bait the better so i just have to pick a spot and register it
    p.s. got reports this is going to be the weekend good luck

It is a two bear unit, even over bait. Your registration card will say it. Some areas of unit 7 will be good. My area is still covered with lots of snow. Was hit last week, but very little since sunday, checked it last night. I saw 3 blacks on the hill side above the bait. Next weekend for sure. Will sit tomorrow night and contemplating a spot and stalk in the early day. Good luck out there.

How close is too close? In highly competitive areas it's not that uncommon to only be a couple hundred yards away from another bait. Three years ago two of us set up baits within 100 yards of each other within 12 hours of each other. The brush was so thick we had no idea and we both came in from completely opposite directions. We were both cool with it and hunted our baits as they sat. I saw several bears, but shot none. The other guy shot a small bear off of his. We peacefully coexisted.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default read again

hey before you go and kill two bear in unit 7 read the regs again your allowed two per year but only ONE spring bear(b4 june 30) seems like you need a law degree to go with that licsence these days

Well I have a bait out in 13... went to check on it a few days ago and waalaa... theres a bait within a 300 ft of mine.. and on the only way to access mine... arrgh .. Hopefully he wont have the brownie on his while I'm trying to get back to the truck.. lol ...Left him a message..have yet to recieve a call.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Where did you find that?

I have read the regs and don't find what you are reading. I find a two bear limit and no closed season in unit 7. I cannot find anywhere where it designates a spring or a fall season. I'm reading the 2009-2010 regs.

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    hey before you go and kill two bear in unit 7 read the regs again your allowed two per year but only ONE spring bear(b4 june 30) seems like you need a law degree to go with that licsence these days

Default your right

i was looking at last years regs and it's changed this year which is good i never understood why in the past they restricted the spring season like i said ya have to be a **** lawyer these days