Thread: Kodiak king charter

Default Kodiak king charter

Howdy,

anyone have any recommendations (for, or more importantly against)
    any king charters out of Kodiak?

Thanks,
    Mac

There is a forum member on here by the name of "Kodiakcombo(s?) who is always posting picutres of BEAUTIFUL kings. I would try to contact him, but he is located in Old harbor, which is a short flight from the main town. If you are willing to take the trip I am sure it would be worth it, scroll down a few threads to view a pic of a 67lb king he landed about a week or so ago.

hap

Quote Originally Posted by ERMac View Post
    Howdy,

anyone have any recommendations (for, or more importantly against)
    any king charters out of Kodiak?

Thanks,
    Mac
    I have kept a boat in Kodiak for 17 years and spend quite a bit of time fishing there... For king salmon I would suggest either the U-Rascal
    http://www.kodiakislandcharters.com/captains1.html (he would rather fish than comb his hair obviously!)

or Kodiak Kingbusters Sportfishing
    John T. Parker, Sr.

They are significantly better at finding the kings because they are driven, unbelievably driven! There are a number of charters you could not pay me to go on and I would be happy to share that list by PM with justification for including them on the list...
    art

hap

Oh, they represent two very different types of boats... The U-Rascal is big and enclosed and comfortable... Parker runs a small boat and fishes hard.

Yes, John Parker is the best! Small boat but really puts everything in to getting you what you are after. Last trip with him was Aug 10 got kings, silvers and halibut. Absolutely fantastic day!!! I've gone out with him at least ten times in last 5 yrs, never disappointed. Give him a call (907) 486-5425

Make a list of the top three king skippers in Kodiak and those two would be on it. The only debate would be who is #3. They strain kings out of water that's blank to everyone else, both from long experience and drive. I don't know of any charter skippers that have been at it longer out of Kodiak. If Jeff was in Kodiak city rather than Old Harbor, he'd round out the list of top three, and the only argument would be how to rank them. Doesn't matter. Those three are the best on the island, and no one can touch them.