Thread: Lake Louise update

Default Lake Louise update

Anyone have a status? I know it's a little early but since things opened up a early this year was hoping Louise might as well.
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

A couple weeks yet. still froze over

Drove a 1 ton Ford across the lake last weekend. With these temps, at LEAST two more weeks.....

fuel delivery driver says all clear... ???????

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Just called the Lodge

Said there was water along the edges, alot of black ice out there but it's not open yet. Some rain would defenitely help. Try again next week.
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Drove a 1 ton Ford across the lake last weekend. With these temps, at LEAST two more weeks.....
    This late I knew it wasn't YOUR truck! It has to be getting rotten where currents and overflow exist. It was good ice (probably due to the low snowfall) and nice and thick.

Next spring I need to remember to do a "Is Lake Louise open yet?" thread.

Hopefully it is open or very near open by 5 June.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    This late I knew it wasn't YOUR truck! It has to be getting rotten where currents and overflow exist. It was good ice (probably due to the low snowfall) and nice and thick.

Next spring I need to remember to do a "Is Lake Louise open yet?" thread.

Hopefully it is open or very near open by 5 June.

Mike
    It is nice when it is open Memorial Day. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't......If I'm going it is locked up, if I'm not, it's 75 degrees out, sunny, and lakers are biting like crazy. Luck is on your side though this year, I'm not going. I'm going king salmon fishing before they close it (sorry in advance the king salmon fisherman as whenever I go Memorial Day Weekend it pours, pours, pours). I'll be fishing in the valley....try to avoid that area.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    It is nice when it is open Memorial Day. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't......If I'm going it is locked up, if I'm not, it's 75 degrees out, sunny, and lakers are biting like crazy. Luck is on your side though this year, I'm not going. I'm going king salmon fishing before they close it (sorry in advance the king salmon fisherman as whenever I go Memorial Day Weekend it pours, pours, pours). I'll be fishing in the valley....try to avoid that area.
    I have other plans for Memorial Day too. So the lake will be open and it will be gorgeous! I would normally head to do some pike fishing for Memorial Day as it is the only time in the year that I fish anywhere but Lake Louise.

Good luck on the kings!
    Mike

Haha Mike, your right, not MY truck. Actually I happened to be the puckered up passenger. Helped a friend grab some last minute stuff from his place. Couldn't get on in front of the Wolverine so we went to the Point campground and drove right on and headed across. After a few minutes I STARTED to relax...

Any report from the weekend.

Per the guy I bought my lot from - The lake went out. It is -8 inches low and dropping! The channel to Susitna is VERY shallow!

Be very careful around the islands and both ends of the reef! The gap between Millies point and Bird Island may be shallow!

Remember that the road has some very rough spots and the last mile is dangerous!

I would not count on the state boat launch at the campground. The one at mile 20 should be good.

If you go. Enjoy the lake and be safe. Let the big ones go!!!!
    Mike

only keep the 24"ers best eaters