Thread: rAFT TRANSOM MODS? NEED SOME IDEAS

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default rAFT TRANSOM MODS? NEED SOME IDEAS

I put the transome mount onmy soar and the out board ( 2.5 hp merc) is level with the bottom of the raft... short of buying a long shaft who has some ideas to lower it aobut 4 inches.... ????

considering a elec troling motor too... any ideas on HP ratio for thrust pounds ? thanks

Vince

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Im having someone come over and give me a quote on building a custom mount for my cat. I want to mount a 4hp on mine.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

If you put it in the water and slide the seat back it just might work fine the way it is. When I put a wrap-around motor mount on my 14' self-bailer, a short shaft looked way too short. But in the water, with me sitting in the back, she worked just fine.

By the way, nice rig!

Default V- tec is the no word of the day

Brother Fairbankian / Clearian / Andersonian / Nenanaian. I actually will be available Mem weekend if you wish to toy with the set up shoot me a PM. I will take a couple of hours lets drop it in the water and test. If we need to extend and drop the frame you made a couple of inches we can do that same day.

Nice idea but you are a little short of getting true thrust i.e. motor will be short of your goal unless your sitting in back with no weight towards the front which in turn means your going left to right / east to west versus north / south.

Moose-O

P.S. NICE!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

thanks moose would love any extra ideas.. that is actually the soar transom kit... but... brother fairbanksian, clearskidness.... will be out doing that HUNTING thing mem weekend...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default some ideas-

Vince,

Once you get it going, you'll get an upwelling of water off the bottom of the boat, and you can run the outboard a little higher. That's one reason I use an adjustable transom; I can actually raise it a bit while I'm running. Probably not safe, and I would not do it with anything over 8-horse, but an idea just the same.

Looks like that frame has some rise to it. Is there a way to lay it down just off the tubes? That might buy you the four inches you need.

Ideally you want your cavitation plate right near the bottom of the hull...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default mount setup

Vince,
    I am contemplating buying a motor and mount for my PP. Can you give us an update? Thanks!

Casey