Thread: Help on some Little Susitna questions

Palmer, AK

Default Help on some Little Susitna questions

Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a long time and now I need some help. I would like to canoe the Little Susitna River for a moose hunt. I have several specific questions about the viability of this. First off, if I put in at Houston and float down to Burma Landing how much of the land in between is public land open to hunting? I know I canít hunt the Nancy Lake State Rec Area. Where can I find information on public/private land? Second, if I were to put in at Burma Landing and floated down to the inlet, how feasible would it be to motor back up river to Burma landing? I have an Old Town 17í Tripper canoe, I donít have a motor yet but would get a 3-5 hp outboard. I assume the Susitna Flats State Game Refuge is open to hunting as per the ADF&G website. Are some of these areas permit hunt only? I just need to know where to look for this info as Iím not having a lot of luck online. Thank you for any help you guys can provide.

Palmer, Alaska

Default One Name for you

If you've been lurking around here for a while, you know the name Michael Strahan. I strongly suggest you read his book and/or visit his site for information on float hunting. He is a readily available authority on the subject.

Hope you get a big one!

the 907

Go on down to the Susitna game flats and have a look around. There are moose out there.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.