Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another bear to look at.

Default Another bear to look at.

Here is a guy that just loves the "All You Can Eat Diner". A real American. Gluttony at it's best. Notice how he came right in and pulled up a chair.
    55 gallon drum, 14 yards from the camera, drum is about 20" in the air.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd like to see a picture of that bear from a different angle; meaning a trophy shot with you sitting next to him. Nice lookin' bear (and bait site).
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I think it is photo shoped.... i guess i will have to go check that one out for you eh?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default That is a shooter!

Good bear right there!

Default Won't be me

With a smile on my face. I hope that bear is posed next to a beautiful 10 year old girl that has a smile on her face bigger than that bears head. This is my buddie site, and we have adjusted things so that she can hunt with her daddy this year.
    When we walked in she and I spotted ravens on the site, then something else. A bear was next to the barrel and ran off to our side so we got a clear look. A nice bear, good solid sized, shiny black. What a great way to start the season.

Default Coordinates Vince

Yep, I'll get em for you. Trust me buddy. I would not send you out in the middle of a swamp. HONEST!

That is awesome, hope you get the young one a bear. Very nice looking fur on that one.

Steve

Default That will be great!

My 10 year old will be going out with me this next week for her first! The other girls have all shot one. I've got the the 7mm-08 ready for her. The other girls shot theirs with my .300wsm. Still a bit much for her.

I'd be all over that stand during the time period of that pic!!

Default Yep

We walked in 2 days after the photo right at that time and saw the one bear. I just don't think it was the same one. I didn't get the sense that the head was blocky enough. The height on the back and the body length lookded good, but the head just did not seem square enough. But then that was looking through the woods at about 75 yards or so too.
    All of the ravens coming in used up all the memory on the SD Card. No real idea how many bears were coming in by this past weekend.
    Bait was set on the 10th, the first bear showed up on the 13th in the afternoon, and by that evening it looks like possibly 4 to 6 bears were on site. It took 150lbs of dog food to top off the barrel and we filled the 30 gallon drum w/ sweets, so figure another 60 odd pounds or so.

Quite the buffet to say the least!

That is a nice bear for sure. Good luck man, hope you connect. What size SD card are you using?

Default I'd feel bad...

...if a bear came to dinner and there was no food, so we try like heck to keep the buffet line filled with a quantity of quality. A guy has to keep his customers happy, right? Otherwise they'll find somewhere else to go.
    I'm not sure the size SD card that was in the TC. All I know is he said it was full, and then when he put in a 4G card the unit acted like it was dead. It had fresh batteries so you'd think they would last a week, but maybe all the photos took their toll on the battery life.
    I was only "hired" for my ability to carry bait and build platforms. I'll let my buddy do the thinking about SD cards

Depending on the camera not all will take a 4gig card. Mine's limit is 2 gig.

Default Don't know much about cards

So if a Trail camera is set up for a certain card, let's say a 2G, and you use a bigger one, let's say a 4G, the unit might not work?
    I'll shoot my buddy a note.

AKRR,
    after looking at your trail camera pics it looks like we have the same trail cam. Trust me, I'm not gigabyte but I'm almost sure that the size of the card is transparent to the camera

I have a Wildview TC and it will not work if anything bigger than 2 gig is inserted. Just like you described, acts likt the batteries are dead.

Dang 150 pounds of dogfood?

Give that much to my dog, and he will take you out and show you where the bear is, and tree him for you.

That much food will keep him living high off the hog for six months.

J/K, Hope the 10 year old gets her first shot, I was 13 when I got my first moose and it will always be in my mind.

Greg,
    want to get it on video call me, I can video it for ya...still havent put my portable stand up yet either.

Nice bear! I think back to the days before the trail camera's and wondering if logs would be moved or not and what size bear may hit the bait. Glad to see you have one healthy guy at your site!!

Even more, Kudo's on taking a child hunting to you and your buddy - wish we had more that did the same thing at such an early age!
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast