Thread: Garmin 60 csx on sale @ REI

Default Garmin 60 csx on sale @ REI

I received a clearance catalog from them yesterday and they had them on sale for $199. Thought I might pass it along.

It's a great GPS at a great price. just got a 450t, which i like, but i miss some features of my old 60csx (which broke).

Default gps

That's a killer deal on that GPS. I just bought a used 60csx off craigslist for 200$. I thought I got a awesome deal on it. Not a scratch on it, came with a pelican waterproof case. Buy it if you are in need of one!

I saw it too, and got one just before they went "out of stock/back order" on the website. It just arrived yesterday I haven't done anything with it besides just playing with it for a few minutes but I know I want a better basemap that what came loaded on it.What options should I be looking at for additional maps to get and load onto the unit? I don't need marine charts, and really just Alaska maps (no plans to use it Outside), topo definitely and roads would be nice. I'm kind of tethered to Garmin's proprietary maps, aren't I?

Ideas/suggestions?