Thread: New design for the disabled.

Default New design for the disabled.

You know I was thinking about this when I bought my wheeler.

We don't like to be called disabled and our minds can't comprehend the term.

The one thing that I have learned is that somebody needs to come up with a design for a backrest.

Thought about calling Chip Foose to design one for me, but then I'd get some phony phone call about how my machine was stollen from me, then a week later I would get this super charged 600 hp 4-wheeler with a cool paint job. ( Overhauling)

Anyone know of a backrest that is available on the market?

PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default ATV rear seat - Big Wes

Here's the nicest one I was able to find anywhere:
    http://www.wesindustries.com/products.asp?id=11&s=5

It fits on my Grizz 700 very nicely, and very large and secure. I posted some pictures of it here, last August.

Thanks guys, I was looking for something that would support the back and sholders at the same time while driving.

Thanks for the sites.

I'm presuming from your question that (either with or without this backrest) you have limited ability to shift your weight on the wheeler--which can make the wheeler unstable and prone to tipping in off-camber situations.

Have you given any thought instead to a UTV--such as a Rhino, Rzr, or Ranger? In the form of the car-like seat, you'd have the back rest you want, seat belts (you can get 4-5 point belts, which will secure the shoulders), and don't have to shift your weight to safely drive/ride it. Not to mention that you also get a roll cage, a lot more storage, and room for one or more passengers.

Its really just a thought of making a four-wheeler into a outside wheel chair.

I can walk about a 100 yards, and then I'm pretty much done.

I can ride the wheeler, but it puts a lot of pressure on the neck.

I'm not ready to give up the outdoors, so this is why I'm asking for info.

Not worried about tipping it over, don't get it above 10 mph for the most part, just looking at something like a bucket seat, maybe I'll have to design something.

Yes I thought about the side by sides, but My mind just won't let me go there yet, lol.

I'm turning 50 next month, and it is way to early to be in the chair.

sr12345, everyone of those thoughts have gone threw my head, and thanks for the time to respond.

Rock Skipper, have you thought about switching to a nice comfortable Side by Side like Ranger or something? They are nice, and a steering wheel would help the back also.

Default seat

Arctic Cat makes an adjustable seat back, it fits into their rack system but can be easily modified to mount on any ATV rack, available through the dealer

Default bombardier

Got an 04 XL 500 Neighbor calls it my wall mart cart smoth on ride don't even have to pick up a leg with back rest good traction holds 675lbs on the back dump, hydrolic good getout & camptyp o rig...
    fshrman