Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship Creek Kings 2010

Default Ship Creek Kings 2010

Alright guys, I figured I'd start this thread so everyone has a place to post any good info on when the kings show up, as well as a place to show off once the catching gets good. I know that there was a previous thread named "the kings are in", but this one will be a little easier for people to find and post in.

So, has anyone seen any successful action down there on our dear 'ol Ship Creek as of yet? I know about this time of year someone finally lands one, and I may just give it a shot Thursday or Friday during the afternoon high tide. I'm not too optimistic of what my results will be, but I'll post them either way!

Default Already done posted

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Well that is ok... there is never any salmon at **** Creek

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Um, read my original post at the top. I sort of addressed that and explained why I saw the need for a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rock2382 View Post
    Well that is ok... there is never any salmon at **** Creek
    Very constructive, thanks bud.

I for one enjoy having a great salmon fishery within minutes of my office. There's nothing quite like landing a nice king while at lunch, or catching a limit of silvers with friends prior to knocking back a couple beers at a bar up the street.

Maybe I'll get lucky there this year. All I got was pinks last year. I need to work on my patience, I get frustrated fighting the snaggers.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

It took me about 20 outtings, but I finally got one of those elusive Ship Creek Kings last year, a whole 12 lbs Looking for a bigger one this year before I head out to float Lake Creek for some non-combat fishing

I'm heading down today to take a look around at high tide, will post any activity and such this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    Maybe I'll get lucky there this year. All I got was pinks last year. I need to work on my patience, I get frustrated fighting the snaggers.
    No kidding... one of the best moments last year was planting myself in the prime spot below the bridge an hour early and catching a 12 lb silver minutes before the snaggers following the tide tried to walk over me. I caught my second 9lb while they surrounded me and none of them caught squat.

Just came back from Ship, 8 folks out there from the bridge to the mouth. Didn't see any action from them and no rollers and such spotted. Heading back on Sun for another look around.

Fished today for about 4 hours around the tide, nothing, no rollers no wakes no hook ups. Was more people than the last time, about 10 at peak, assume more down at the mouth but didn't walk down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenvega View Post
    Very constructive, thanks bud.

I for one enjoy having a great salmon HATCHery within minutes of my office. There's nothing quite like landing a nice king while at lunch, or catching a limit of silvers with friends prior to knocking back a couple beers at a bar up the street.
    Fixed it for ya

I'm really hoping that by next week something is going on down there. Yep, I just made up my mind, I'm going fishing in Ship this weekend, I can't take this waiting anymore, time to drown some eggs...

I'm going to go beat the water today and tomorrow at lunch for an hour or so. Finger's crossed!

Good luck!

I'll be there tomorrow for high tide
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Just got back from a scouting trip to Ship. Counted 23 folks fishing at noon time today. Majority floating corks/eggs and a couple flippers. No rollers/ caught fish and pretty much lookin' dismal. Water is startin to get some color so shouldnt be long. Good luck to all

Yep, I just got back from an unsuccessful attempt at Ship as well. Nothing spotted and no hits anywhere along the banks as far as I could see. Oh well, it was still nice to get out there again.

Default I agree

There is something nice about catching a king and having a beer! Over the last few years I have come to a few conclusions about "how to catch a king at ship creek"
    1- Must not be able to speak english
    2- Have no general Idea of what your doing
    3- Use a rod to either extreme, Ie. Trout rod or halibut rod.

Thats my top three, but hey, it's in downtown Los Anchorage so what can we expect.
    Still the closet king, silver fishery.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    There is something nice about catching a king and having a beer! Over the last few years I have come to a few conclusions about "how to catch a king at ship creek"
    1- Must not be able to speak english
    2- Have no general Idea of what your doing
    3- Use a rod to either extreme, Ie. Trout rod or halibut rod.

Thats my top three, but hey, it's in downtown Los Anchorage so what can we expect.
    Still the closet king, silver fishery.
    Don't forget #4:

Must have a magic watch that is always 5 minutes early in the morning so you can be the first cast, and 5 minutes late at night so you can have the last cast.

and 5: Give anyone hooked up exactly 3.7 seconds to land their fish before casting across their line because they are taking too long.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast