Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bear rubs,

  1. #1
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default Bear rubs,

    With the weather we've had for the last few days, just wondering if you all have noticed them starting to do the "OL BEAR SCRATCH"

    Pretty warm here in the interior.

  2. #2
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Got about 1000 pics so far and haven't seen any rubs yet. Great hides on the big bears too.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    EAFB, AK
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Got about 1000 pics so far and haven't seen any rubs yet. Great hides on the big bears too.
    That's a good sign. I was worried about rubs myself..

  4. #4
    Member Rock_skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Deltajct
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Good sign, I know my dog is rolling in the grass, and scratching all the time now.

    That dang dog can shed more than any bear I've ever came across.

  5. #5
    Member AK145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Generally, we seem to find the little bears will rub earlier and the big boars will hold their hides much longer. Of course there are exceptions but I'm relying on thousands of trail cam pics a year and literally days and days spent in blinds watching over 100 bears a year.

    Why?...who knows. Maybe the big bears are just older and wiser and realize if they rub their hide quicker, the mosquitoes are worse? Look nicer for the sows? Who knows...but ecpecially last year with the early green up we shot some big bears in the first and second week of June with no rubs and watched a ton of 5 1/2 and smaller bears rubbed really bad.

    Just MHO of course....

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    EAFB, AK
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Generally, we seem to find the little bears will rub earlier and the big boars will hold their hides much longer. Of course there are exceptions but I'm relying on thousands of trail cam pics a year and literally days and days spent in blinds watching over 100 bears a year.

    Why?...who knows. Maybe the big bears are just older and wiser and realize if they rub their hide quicker, the mosquitoes are worse? Look nicer for the sows? Who knows...but ecpecially last year with the early green up we shot some big bears in the first and second week of June with no rubs and watched a ton of 5 1/2 and smaller bears rubbed really bad.

    Just MHO of course....
    I can relate as all our 5 ft's had bald asses by 1 june!

  7. #7
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgefan01 View Post
    I can relate as all our 5 ft's had bald asses by 1 june!
    This weather keeps up and i am pretty sure mine will be by then also..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    EAFB, AK
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    This weather keeps up and i am pretty sure mine will be by then also..
    TMI!!!!!!!!!

    LOL!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •