Thread: Bear rubs,

Default Bear rubs,

With the weather we've had for the last few days, just wondering if you all have noticed them starting to do the "OL BEAR SCRATCH"

Pretty warm here in the interior.

Got about 1000 pics so far and haven't seen any rubs yet. Great hides on the big bears too.

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Got about 1000 pics so far and haven't seen any rubs yet. Great hides on the big bears too.
    That's a good sign. I was worried about rubs myself..

Good sign, I know my dog is rolling in the grass, and scratching all the time now.

That dang dog can shed more than any bear I've ever came across.

Generally, we seem to find the little bears will rub earlier and the big boars will hold their hides much longer. Of course there are exceptions but I'm relying on thousands of trail cam pics a year and literally days and days spent in blinds watching over 100 bears a year.

Why?...who knows. Maybe the big bears are just older and wiser and realize if they rub their hide quicker, the mosquitoes are worse? Look nicer for the sows? Who knows...but ecpecially last year with the early green up we shot some big bears in the first and second week of June with no rubs and watched a ton of 5 1/2 and smaller bears rubbed really bad.

Just MHO of course....

Quote Originally Posted by AK145 View Post
    Generally, we seem to find the little bears will rub earlier and the big boars will hold their hides much longer. Of course there are exceptions but I'm relying on thousands of trail cam pics a year and literally days and days spent in blinds watching over 100 bears a year.

Why?...who knows. Maybe the big bears are just older and wiser and realize if they rub their hide quicker, the mosquitoes are worse? Look nicer for the sows? Who knows...but ecpecially last year with the early green up we shot some big bears in the first and second week of June with no rubs and watched a ton of 5 1/2 and smaller bears rubbed really bad.

Just MHO of course....
    I can relate as all our 5 ft's had bald asses by 1 june!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgefan01 View Post
    I can relate as all our 5 ft's had bald asses by 1 june!
    This weather keeps up and i am pretty sure mine will be by then also..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    This weather keeps up and i am pretty sure mine will be by then also..
    TMI!!!!!!!!!

LOL!