Thread: Need Impeller info for 200 Sportjet

Default Need Impeller info for 200 Sportjet

I have a 2006 Sportjon with about 200 hours on it. I'm thinking it may be due for a new impeller and sleeve. I have been satisfied with the performance of the stock impeller so I don't think I need a high skew replacement. I do not want to lose top end speed and diminish my fuel economy. I've heard of UHMW sleeves. Are these superior to the stock sleeves? When I order a new impeller and sleeve, are there any other parts I should replace while I've got it disassembled? Who offers the best deal?

Thanks.

I just had my impeller rebuilt and my stock wear ring honed out and replaced with a stainless steel one. Greatland Welding in Wasilla. It turned out great and only took about 2 weeks. Well worth the money. The new clearances are much tighter that stock.

Default Artistic Aluminum Fabricators out in Wasilla

These guys are the best...

I have had work done by Artistic Aluminum Fabricators and very pleased. I had SS sleeve put in mine last year. I would recommend them . I have no experience with Great Land welding.
    A-1 impeller / propeller in Anchorage send their work to Wasilla so probably one of these guys.
    1 week turn around on work done on my duo prop that i took to A-1 and that is schedule of pick up and drop off so could even be faster when dealing direct. but it is getting to the season and i'm sure they are busier.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Can you just send in your wearring and impellor or do they need your boat too?

Just the housing(wear ring) and impeller.