Thread: access pass for area lakes

Default access pass for area lakes

any one know where you can go and pick up one of the year pass for the valley lakes and trails? I am tired of paying every time I drop the boat in the water for a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    any one know where you can go and pick up one of the year pass for the valley lakes and trails? I am tired of paying every time I drop the boat in the water for a few hours.
    Ya talking about the state maintained trails and boat launches?? If you pick up an Alaska State Rec pass that'll take care of ya for the year. Always pick up one each year.

Remember that it DOES NOT COUNT at Little Su at Burma!

OK, I found the order form.... SO, I see that I can order the day use parking and the boat launch as a package. The FAQ is pretty decent on the state site so for 100 bucks I get a sticker for my truck and one for my boat trailer. It is kind of annoying that they don't have the option to order the second pass at the discounted $20 rate with the purchase of the boat combo. Looks like we will have to find the Mat-Su location which has an awesome address of "mile .7 Bogard road"...

It can all be done online. Can't get easier.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

I forgot to add the office is at the entrance to Finger lake.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanassasin View Post
    It can all be done online. Can't get easier.
    I checked the online site. I want to order one for my truck/boat combo and my wife's car. I am not sure why they wouldn't have that option on the list, it seems like it would be fairly common.

It doesn't ask for quantity? Order 2 parking passes and 1 boat launch. If not make 2 orders I guess. The parking passes go on your window and the boat launches are separate
    and go on your boat trailer. I'm sure you know that though.

I'm sure you know your boat launch covers your parking but if your like me you buy both becuase I use the parking pass for winter parking snowmachine trailers and sometimes I use a canoe.

Cant you just take the sticker and transfer it to the car when needed? Or does it "HAVE" to be affixed permanent like???

It has to be permanent or you can be fined.

figures..thx

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanassasin View Post
    It doesn't ask for quantity? Order 2 parking passes and 1 boat launch. If not make 2 orders I guess. The parking passes go on your window and the boat launches are separate
    and go on your boat trailer. I'm sure you know that though.
    yeah, the second parking pass is supposed to be discounted according to the state site but there little order form doesn't allow the selection of 2 parking passes and 1 boat pass. Figures, they probably contracted the same folks that programed the ADF&G drawing system to do develop it

I will just find the office when I get back and go from there. It will be nice to have the sticker instead of trying to scrounge up dollars for the iron ranger every time I decide to hit the lake for a an hour or two!

I see. You and I share the same luck! Just don't go until friday. They have some house training thing going on until then.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    yeah, the second parking pass is supposed to be discounted according to the state site but there little order form doesn't allow the selection of 2 parking passes and 1 boat pass. Figures, they probably contracted the same folks that programed the ADF&G drawing system to do develop it

I will just find the office when I get back and go from there. It will be nice to have the sticker instead of trying to scrounge up dollars for the iron ranger every time I decide to hit the lake for a an hour or two!