Thread: Looking for a Lab.

Default Looking for a Lab.

Hi, I recently moved up to Eagle River from Calif. and would like to get a female lab, I am looking for recomendations on a good breeder, or breeders to shy away from, please feel free to PM me if your not comfortable posting advice or warnings.
    The dog would mostly be a companion, but would also be used to hunt upland game and possibly waterfowl, once I learn the ropes up here.

Thank you for your help.

Robert

check some of the animal shelters anchorage, palmer to name a few, I picked up a 9 month old choc lab at the one in palmer and she is just awesome dog. Unless your looking for papers. Also maybe give Baron a call out at Wetland retrievers he might have one.

Default puppy

Have you located a puppy yet? We just put money down on one and they still had one female left.

Default Labrador Puppies

We have five labrador pups available June 12. One black female remains. The sire is Kobuk from LNR Kennels. Check out their website to see him. There are also four males with neat personalities - two yellow and two black.

We have one of kobuk's kids as well. He is a great dog. Such a great dog that my wife is willing to suffer allergic reactions to keep him around.

Excellent temperament, protective and 100% waterdog.

Thanks for the information everyone, Northern, PM was sent.

Again, thanks

I have a LNR pup and she was the first dog I trained. She is excellent. Kobuk is the sire and the dam is goldie. She is a smaller lab but will do anything I ask of her and was doing multiple blinds at 10mo had her hunting and breaking ice at just over 8mo. just under 100 birds at 10mo when I had to stop hunting for the year because of bitter cold weather. 55lbs but full of go at 3 1/2 years. A co-worker has her brother from the same litter and loves him, they dont hunt him much