Thread: PWS Bear Report?

Default PWS Bear Report?

As of yesterday i heard that snow was still on the ground by water in PWS. Simply looking for confirmation of this information. We were planning on leaving this week but are thinking of waiting till mid June. Thoughts?

Go and if you don't see any go again. No really, I'm going down Thursday and I would bet good money we will have a few chances to shoot some bears. Hunt the south facing slopes and you'll see bears. Good luck

We shot two bears in the sound already this year one on the 6th and one on the 8th and also saw three others. So go get em!

Default I agree go get em

I shot one on the third. We were on a short 2 day weekend hunt. Didn't see a lot of them and the one I did shoot was 3/4 up the mountain next to his den. But that was over two weeks ago. I bet you can find some lower cruising the beaches by now. Good Luck

That's good news.. We are heading down early Wednesday morning and staying until Saturday.

Been down each of the last 2 weekends. This past weekend was terrible...awful weather and no bears out and moving. We ran into several people who said the same thing, not even a sighting. The weekend before was sunny and gorgeous. Saw 2 bears, but didn't take either. Met a few other hunters who didn't see any. From what I hear, it should start improving, but yes, there's still 10 feet of snow on the mountainsides. Beaches are clear for the most part. If the weather is good, get down there next weekend is what I'd recommend.

Default Last weekend

I went yesterday, still sh#t for weather and bears

Quote Originally Posted by mudman1 View Post
    I went yesterday, still sh#t for weather and bears
    Thanks not exactly what I wanted to hear.

We shot three on Saturday and had a fourth at 40 yards, but bad angle for an arrow, so no shot.

Keep em comin, we head out on Saturday. First PWS bear hunt.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir

Default Going to find out

on friday afternoon. Almost june and this will be our first camping trip of the year.....late start for me and maybe the bears too.

Even if we don't see any bears it will be a great weekend of camping and shrimping and sight seeing.