Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rent satellite phone?

Default rent satellite phone?

where is a good place to rent a satellite phone in fairbanks??? anybody know about how much it would cost for five or six days?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

surveyors exchange off Aurora drive... they also sponsor one of the forums.. or did.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

On the same token what about a place in Anchorage to rent one

There's a Surveyor's Exchange in Anchorage also, they have sat phone rental rates on their website.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    same company different road... don't know where they are in Anch..

Surveyors Exchange
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Springer Street in Anchorage, near the intersection of 36th and Arctic.

Surveyors exchange moved to dearmoun rd. I rented one online worked great fairly cheap. Available and when done drop it in a fed ex box.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Default access

nevermind didnt see you were in FB
    Last edited by Zinker; 05-16-2010 at 23:22. Reason: wrong location

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    http://www.anchoragesatellitephones.com/

IMHO, don't waste your money on a global star, last year on our Kodiak goat hunt we couldn't get any reception, bad deal if we would have really needed it

springer Street for Surveyors Exchange. 561-6501

http://www.outfittersatellite.com/rentals.htm#iridium

anchorage Fairbanks and all points between.

Worked great in Kodiak last fall rented 2.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Does anyone know if there is any place in Tok to pick up a sat phone? Sure would be handy if there was. Knute

Quote Originally Posted by Knute78 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is any place in Tok to pick up a sat phone? Sure would be handy if there was. Knute
    Hey Knute, glad to hear your hunt's coming together! Not sure if you're flying into Anchorage/Fairbanks, or driving up to Tok through Canada? If you're flying into ANC or FBX, might be able to stop by Surveyor's Exchange and rent one before you leave town. They have reasonable rental rates and are great to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    Hey Knute, glad to hear your hunt's coming together! Not sure if you're flying into Anchorage/Fairbanks, or driving up to Tok through Canada? If you're flying into ANC or FBX, might be able to stop by Surveyor's Exchange and rent one before you leave town. They have reasonable rental rates and are great to deal with.
    Hey Mike, yeh everything is coming together real good. We will be driving up from KS, 3300 miles to Tok. Hope to be there by the 6th of Sept., maybe we will cross paths when you get back in from your hunt. I thought a sat phone would be a good idea, if we were able to pick one up in Tok. I'm 106 days from leaving, and going crazy just thinking about it. Been working out, hiking a couple of miles a day, camping on weekends trying out gear, and shooting the rifles every chance I get. Thanks again for all the info you shared with me previously. Knute

Default driving?

Its alot cheaper to fly and wont take 10 days each way.....

Hey Knute - sounds like an awesome trip!

If it's any use for you, I rent my satellite phones from Mobal. They don't charge for any shipping, so it makes the overall cost pretty good. www.mobal.com/satellite

You definitely should take a satellite phone with you. Hopefully you won't need it, but if you do it could be a life-saver.

Keep counting the days!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by mustang0335 View Post
    Its alot cheaper to fly and wont take 10 days each way.....

Mustang, where's your cense of adventure? As many on this forum know, I've been working on this trip for better than two and a half years. I am not what most people invision in a non-res hunter. I am, like most AK resident hunters, a"meat hunter". I have all interntions of returning to Kansas with any game that is harvested, if my son and I are successful. It would be a hell of a lot more exspensive to fly or ship meat home, than to carry it with me in the freezers I will have on my utillity trailer. I also don't intend to take 10 days each way to make the trip. I won't be driving the old Model-T. I think I'll be able to make it in 4 days, 5 at the most, driving my Yukon. Knute

Hey Knute,

Sent you a PM.

Default sat phon

i dont know of a place in alaska, but you can have it shipped out to you from othere places check out www.phonerentalusa.com
    good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast