Thread: Semi Custom 300 Roy - hydro dipped

Default Semi Custom 300 Roy - hydro dipped

Weatherby Vanguard in .300 ROY, gun just got back from hydro dipping in a Carbon Fiber pattern I all I can say is I am very impressed, I hope it is as durable as it looks and feels.

Rifle has a shwerd brake, 6 flutes (hard to see in pic) and is bedded in a a B&C Medalist stock. Trigger is set at 3 pounds...next up is a Schmidt Bender Summit 2.5-10X40...should be a shooter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

1 more pic for everyone...
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Who did the dip for ya? I'd like to see a picture of it outside in the natural light.

Never heard of hydro dipping before, how does that process work?

http://hydro-dip.com/

From what I am told, they paint the product, then the part is dipped in a film (the pattern) then it is baked on.

They use hydrodipped graphics for LOTS of stuff.

Here's a quick DIY vid on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzcJlgSWVVI

1 more outside pic...

Thanks! Looks good. Is the seam on the bottom of the barrel?

Thumbs up "Hydro dipping"

Quote Originally Posted by idahotrophyhunter View Post
    Weatherby Vanguard in .300 ROY, gun just got back from hydro dipping in a Carbon Fiber pattern I all I can say is I am very impressed, I hope it is as durable as it looks and feels.

Rifle has a shwerd brake, 6 flutes (hard to see in pic) and is bedded in a a B&C Medalist stock. Trigger is set at 3 pounds...next up is a Schmidt Bender Summit 2.5-10X40...should be a shooter.
    Don't worry Idaho, it is a durable coating. It is weather proof as well. If it gets muddy just wipe it off with a wet rag. No oil needed. I do this with a "sure grip" coating on stocks which is great.

Default Sweet looking rifle!

Is this one of the Sub-MOA versions as well? Looks like a really great rifle and it is a classic, bad-***** cartridge! Now get out and go git you some with that shooter...

It started as the regular vanguard and always shot great, it really like Weatherby ammo shooting 180 grain Hornady Spire Points..Usually sub moa out to about 300 yards. I am hoping to that my modifications make it a true 1/2 moa rifle that I can use to thump ungulates out to 500+ yards ranges with ease.

That is a very sharp rifle. I have a WBY Vanguard in 7mm Rem Mag, and that seems like it would be very nice set up for mine. Thanks for taking the time to post all the pictures. Awesome cartridge, hope it serves you well for this Fall. Scotty

I am looking at a 200 grain accubond behind 79 of Re 22 for 3000 FPS and still holding 2250 Footpounds at 500 yards...Killer Load

That should be a great load. I use the 200gr Sierra GK under RL22 for 2950 out of my 300 Win Mag. It is an excellent all around load, that really handles animals from near to as far as I can shoot. Good luck with the load work. Sounds like it should be a good one. Scotty
    Semper Fi