Thread: stumbled on a switchback XT

Default stumbled on a switchback XT

Hi Guy's, just stumbled into a great deal on a switchback XT, the fellow was giving up bow hunting for medical reasons and just hadn't shot it much. Any input from you guy's that have or had one of these would be aprecated, Thanks Tom

Don't know what input you want. It's a great bow. Dated, but a great shooter. I have the regular Switchback. Very smooth!

I bought one last year off of Ebay fully loaded with hard case . The Xt is still selling on there from $400 -$600
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

One of the best bows Mathews ever made to date. Frankly, I've shot most of the new hotrod bows out there and they may be faster, but they are not smoother than the Switchbacks.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default what broadheads shoot good?

I got the bow and find that it shoot much diferent than my old bow. The Muzzy mx4 seem to shoot erratic and the bloodrunners are OK but not as pin point as I'd like. The old bow was shooting 292f/s and this is slower. Just wondering what arrows and broadheads you are using. Thanks Tom

I've been using a Switchback XT for several years. I've killed all the big critters with it, including moose, musk ox, bison and brown bear. The arrow/broadhead set up that I used were Gold Tip 75/95 arrows with 125 grain Slick Trick 4 blade broadheads. My bow is set around 64-66lbs. I haven't had to adjust my bow any, but I did upgrade a couple of the accessories, including using a Montana Black Gold Sight and Tight Spot Quiver. The only time I've had to do adjustments is when I put the new sight. I think you done good by picking that bow up.

Default I'll give it a try

Thanks Jerod, I'll try them. Tom

I got a Switchback off Craigslist a couple of years ago and I love this bow. What I use to shoot comfortably at 40 yards, I am now shooting at 60 yards, but with broadheads! I am set up with a 5 pin sight, drop away rest, Beman ICS Hunters 400 and Muzzy 100 grain. I recently picked up the newer Muzzy MX3 and they seem to fly almost exactly as my field points. Not sure if it is the blade design or my bow
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

The difference between the Switchback and the Switchback XT:

XT 7.5 inch brace height, SW 7 inch

XT 31 inch axle to axle, SW 33 inch

XT 315 FPS, SW 318 FPS

Basically the same bow with minor variations!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather