Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the 9mm cal handgun that you would take over anyother 9mm cal handgun

Exclamation the 9mm cal handgun that you would take over anyother 9mm cal handgun

what is the one 9mm cal handguns that you would take over any other 9mm cal handgun .

my choice would be the Browning hi-power reworked to my specs ..

what is your personal choice is

SIG 210 of course

Hi Power of course,tangent sight please with stock

The Hi-Power is a classic, but 13 rounds isn't much these days for such a heavy 9mm. The Glock 17 is hard to beat in terms of weight, magazine capacity, and reliability, but I guess if I could only have one it would be the SIG P226. I normally don't like to say that something is good just because the military uses it, but the fact that the SEALs have successfully carried it in salt water for over 25 years speaks volumes about it's reliability/dependability.

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    what is the one 9mm cal handguns that you would take over any other 9mm cal handgun .

my choice would be the Browning hi-power reworked to my specs ..
    Yup! Absolutely.

Default Star BM

They work for me.

We need a picture...

and my second choice would be...(an ergonomic 20rds).

thats it the springfield XDm and the m stands for MORE 19+1
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

CZ 75 for me.
    ..."Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

Sig225, Sig228, and Sig229........Sig Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    SIG 210 of course
    Yep. Obviously. A work of art.

And, since I prefer the .40 S&W in my service-style pistols, my second choice as something unique to the 9mm would be: http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/nod...yCqYCnbXGpet23

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=169435879

Thumbs up Hi Power

My custom Browning Hi Power, crisp 4 lb. trigger, Novak LoMount sights, steepening or what ever it is called on the front and rear of the grip frame, beveled mag. well, Cylinder & Slide slide lock/release, welded beaver tail tang, bobbed hammer and a beautiful set of Craig Spegel's hand checkered cocobolo stocks. It shoots very well so I never got around to getting a Bar Sto barrel fitted to it. Arizona pistol smith Don Williams did the work for me many years ago. Wish I was smart enough to post pics. I also think you would be hard pressed to find a stock 9mm that would out last one of the Glock models.

Default Browning HiPower.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    My custom Browning Hi Power, crisp 4 lb. trigger, Novak LoMount sights, steepening or what ever it is called on the front and rear of the grip frame, beveled mag. well, Cylinder & Slide slide lock/release, welded beaver tail tang, bobbed hammer and a beautiful set of Craig Spegel's hand checkered cocobolo stocks. It shoots very well so I never got around to getting a Bar Sto barrel fitted to it. Arizona pistol smith Don Williams did the work for me many years ago. Wish I was smart enough to post pics. I also think you would be hard pressed to find a stock 9mm that would out last one of the Glock models.
    Must have pictures!!!

Try this link... http://register.photobucket.com/step1/index
    Then you just copy the [ IMG ] link to your post.

The ugly, accurate, and utterly reliable tool that is my Glock 17. I know there are plenty of haters out there, but for a relaible, easily replaceable self-defense tool without an emotional attachment, I just can't beat it in my opinion. Self defense tool is the important term fo me here. God forbid I have to use it and it gets confiscated and tossed in an evidence locker for months, I can easily replace it for the time being and not be heart-broken when it comes back with some dings and scratches. I also Like the XDm, but my dream 9mm is a Kimber Aegis, I'd have to replace that cheesy plastic mainspring housing though.
    -J

here is my second choice for a 9mm cal pistol

beretta 93r 9mm cal machine pistol with it access items ..there is only 14 in the US of the last count that i know of ..two are in the US Army weapons testing along with a four Law enforcement Demos guns and the rest are in the hands of private citizen .. now that what i call really owning a really rare class three item for when they come up on radar is about $.10,000.oo to $.15,000.oo dollars price range of the single pistol ..

you would how i know that info i keep track of the gun sales websites and have a look around them every now and then to see if one comes up for sale ..

fires single shot and 3.rd burst fire with shoulder stock attchements points on the grip along with a beening able to take a muzzle threaded suppressor unit ..front folding front grip ..about the same size as a beretta 92.f ..some parts are interchangeable with the 92.f model ..takes a standard beretta 93.r 20.rd mag along with the 92.f 15.rd mag for low profile use..

plus it what Mack Bolan use ..

here a picture.

Smile

I like my FNH 16+1 and my Ruger SR9 17+1. Both of them made in the good ole US of A! What can I say...works for me!

I'm guessing many carry 9's for concealed carry, and I've tried a few that have been mentioned above. What about the Kel_Tek PF-9 or P-11? I've never held or shot one, and they are apparently in high demand based on their limited availability.

They look to be a nice size for carry, but I don't see anyone mentioning them on this thread or others I've seen.

Browning High Power. Does anyone else even make a 9mm worth owning?

Quote Originally Posted by HuntKodiak View Post
    I'm guessing many carry 9's for concealed carry, and I've tried a few that have been mentioned above. What about the Kel_Tek PF-9 or P-11? I've never held or shot one, and they are apparently in high demand based on their limited availability.

They look to be a nice size for carry, but I don't see anyone mentioning them on this thread or others I've seen.
    I have the Kel-Tek P-11 and it works great for a carry pistol. Due to the very long trigger pull, you must practice with this pistol to be effective at short ranges. I've found that my Kel-Tek likes the 115grain hollow points the best.

This was a tough one. There have been so many good quality handguns made over the past century in the 9x19 cartridge. Honestly there have only been three, over the past fifty years or so, that stand out and have received world acclaim. The P08, and the P38, put the cartridge on the map but truly were not durable, reliable world class combat firearms even though their use in one country was extensive. The first true candidate was the P35 Browning design. It had some issues, the magazine safety for one but was extremely durable and accurate 9x19 caliber firearm. The next improvement was by the CZ firm in 1975 when they developed their famous pistol. Higher capacity than the Browning and with SA/DA capability. A stronger design and more reliable. In the 1980's the Sauer & Sohn firm of west Germany designed their new 9x19. Originally marketed as the BDA, Browning double action pistol then later by SiG Arms as the model 226. A very well made alloy frame gun with High capacity magazines and SA/DA lockwork with a de-cocker lever for safe carry.

I should mention the most famous 9x19 pistol of the 1990's, the G17. It was and still is a very good well proven pistol.

That CZ design was reworked in 2001 and accepted as the combat sidearm of most of the NATO world including the elite forces in many countries as well as for many police departments in this country and around the world. This is the CZ-75 SP01, caliber 9x19. Mine has tritium sights and a half dozen magazines that hold 18 rounds each. Not a flimsy light weight but a very low recoiling, quick recovery, pistol used by world champions and elite combat soldiers, including Israeli Mossad.......if they exist.

My pick is the CZ-75B SP01.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast