Thread: Centerpin Help!

Default Centerpin Help!

Just got my first set up for my birthday! Got a Shimano rod and an Okuma reel. (pics soon) Now I just need someone who wants to show me how to use it all and rig it all! I've got the jist from just reading whats online but I'd like some hands-on learning. Anyone feel up for some teaching let me know cause I'm going to need it! More details on the rod and reel and line and such when I get more time to look at it all. Thanks!

Get ahold of Drifter016 and danattherock. They will be up here for fishaplooza and are both pin heads. then can get you all set up
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Wink Ditch It!

My advice is to lose the bait rod and spend your time getting good with a fly rod. I've never heard of a center pin only area!

Just joshin! but seriously, please be mindful of others when your drifting a thousand feet downstream from where you're standing!

Amen, Scottsum,

Never fished a CPin but used the technique to show other how they fish. Still don't understand why the questions show up on a fly fishinging thread when you use jigs, bait and the like.

I know it is effective fishing but if some one 100 feet above me floats one in the water I am fishing I will then own some gear... Love fishing, just be courteous.

George

Default Center pin fishing

If your in Anchorage go down to World Wide Angler and talk to Keith or Mike. They also made a fantastic video called Center pin secrets. It discusses casting, equipment setup and lots more. It will fill in alot of voids. Then go out on the lawn and practice casting. WWA is the best shop in Anchorage to get Centpin gear. You will love it, great way to fish. All the questions you would have for Dave (drifter 106) will be addressed on the video. Dave comes to the Kenai in Sept for a month (from Yellowknife), he does not mind having people fish with him, he is a good guy and introduced Center pin fishing to Alaska.

Default Thanks

Thanks to those who posted answers and suggestions, I'm headed to WWA today to get that DVD! Used the rod this past weekend and managed to catch a fish! Small 10inch grayling but hey it counts!

Stop by Fishapalooza and I'll show you how to properly grease out the fly guys.

Or I can just show you casting and rigging and such.

Sounds good, I didn't make it last year but I will for sure this year, I'm thinking of taking a local class here for casting and such just to learn to at least practice correctly and not learn bad habbits.

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    Sounds good, I didn't make it last year but I will for sure this year, I'm thinking of taking a local class here for casting and such just to learn to at least practice correctly and not learn bad habbits.
    Good idea.
    The folks at World Wide Angler do a casting and pinning course there.

MAD did the course last year so he can give you an idea of what it's like.

Default yUP

Was there yesterday and picked up the centerpin secrets DVD and the Raven guide. Keith was really informative and helpful.