Thread: OK OK I admit the seasons over....

Wink OK OK I admit the seasons over....

Had a great season and really sad to put everything away but I'm starting to trip over it now getting the boat ready for Kings. I was in denial for the last several weeks and more than a little depressed. Here's hoping we get through this thing called summer as fast as possible and we'll be back sitting on the ice soon.

I know I know.... I'm not well
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

i just don't understand ice fishing. how can oyu be depressed about summer? seems like it would be better in every way! not to diss your style of fishing, obviously i don't have a clue about it, maybe i should try it in the winter. What strain of fish do you target ice fishing??
    I Wish i could change my name to Shimano, because i recently started hating Ambassdor Abu_Garcia.

I am getting the ice fever more and more. It is really great on a decent day and OK when it is pretty cold.

What I need is a small hard side..... working on it now.

Abu Garcia - People I know fish for pike, lake trout, rainbows, burbot, dollies/char and landlocked salmon. I like to combine ice fishing and snowmachining. Since I started ice fishing, I only have a few weeks in the year when I am not out or wanting to get out. You gain a lot of access to places that are only accessable in the summer VIA float plane too! Another plus is the speed that you gain VIA snowmachine. A trip to the lodge is about 1/2 the time compared to the boat.

Mike

Thats cool, hows the actual fishing compare to summer fishing? it seems like it would be slower and less action?
    I Wish i could change my name to Shimano, because i recently started hating Ambassdor Abu_Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu_Garcia View Post
    Thats cool, hows the actual fishing compare to summer fishing? it seems like it would be slower and less action?
    It can be just as good as summer it all depends on the conditions, time of year etc. Just like the rest of the year.

My best day this winter was close to 100 lake trout!!!
    There were times when I couldn't get my line to the bottom without getting a fish. It was off the hook.
    This is not the norm though. I usually get between 1 and 10 fish when I go ice fishing for lakers.

Drifter-Keep me in mind next hard water season, I need a good Ice partner, all my fair weather friends ditch out during the ice season!!! I'll bring the beer!!!