Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This isn't good for anyone....

Default This isn't good for anyone....

Seen this come out on ADN today. You've probably already read the story. Let's hope it's not true, but seems there is overwhelming evidence against this guide..

http://www.adn.com/2010/05/14/127853...ing-guide.html
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Lets just say he was trained by four of the best of the best. O'But The stories I could tell.

Default looks like

it will be particularly not good for Mr. Sims. if the cops have video of a moose being shot from the plane, I'd imagine he's history.
    Gary

I am curious as to why it took so many years of compiling this evidence before pursuing prosecution, the way the article reads they could have made the bust years sooner.

I would say that it's good for everyone..except the D-bag that was shooting moose from a plane then hunting growlers off the carcasses.

Wish they'd do alot more of this kind of enforcement...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by dkwarthog View Post
    I would say that it's good for everyone..except the D-bag that was shooting moose from a plane then hunting growlers off the carcasses.

Wish they'd do alot more of this kind of enforcement...
    unless he uses the

" they were diseased moose" defense
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default world record guide

isn't this the guy that guided Brittingham on the world record archery bear? I thought someone here might remember. I thought it was odd that he had killed two huge bears with a bow on carcase mounds with the same outfitter.

Quote Originally Posted by .338WM View Post
    I am curious as to why it took so many years of compiling this evidence before pursuing prosecution, the way the article reads they could have made the bust years sooner.
    I was just thinking the same thing.

Will this guy spend any time behind bars or will this just be a situation were they fine him a pile of money, take his guide lisc away and call it even?

Default family???

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    isn't this the guy that guided Brittingham on the world record archery bear? I thought someone here might remember. I thought it was odd that he had killed two huge bears with a bow on carcase mounds with the same outfitter.
    I'm not positive here but I thought the guide in Brittingham's video was Bill Sims... Maybe Fred is his son???

fred is Bills son and works out of the same lodge

fred is Bills son and works out of the same lodge
    I believe you are correct
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Sounds good to me. Like the part about the camara and gps in his own plane.
    I imagine it took that long because they wanted to make sure they had enough compiled to bring a solid case and shut him down.

Be interesing to see if that record bear gets tied to any illegal activity. Even if the hunter didn't know anything about it, I imagine P&Y would toss it out.

Yes it is. Bill is the father that owns the lodge. Fred is his son and does the guiding these days. I believe Fred guided Mr. Brittingham to both bears and a few moose as well.

Brett

This kind of stuff makes my blood boil. Not only the animals that died by means other than fair chase but the hunters who were lured up their because of the success rates of the Sim's sins. Now their memories are tainted....I can't think of a worst way to get scammed!

I hope they hang em high!

The guy should be fined up the wahhoo, do some jail time, and then lose all his assets that were used in connection with this type of operation. Probably just a needle in the haystack of individuals that do things like this though. Sad to think Jack's trophy was due to illegal game harvesting process.

Default Assets at risk

If they used the plane, and the plane may be forfeited, why not the lodge too? It was the base of operations for both the criminals acting as guides and the hunters who at this point may have unwittingly been criminals also.
    I can't see as how it is farfetched to take any and every asset that aided in this illegal activity? The lodge might bring a pretty penny to AK Law Enforcement.
    Maybe they should be digging deeper into the clients. If the clients hunted illegally albeit possibly unintentionally, get them to cough up everything on the father and son dynamic criminal duo or prosecute them also. Not fair? It was not fair to Alaskans for all those animals to be taken in that manner.

somehthing to stir the pot.... what happens at a lodge, generally is known about by all the others who work at that paticular lodge. could it be possible that it wasn't just ONE person responsible for the attrocity......but the whole crew??

Default even more to think about

When Jack took the one bear he clearly used expandable broadheads, which are illegal now but might not of been when he shot one of those bears. I watched the video and wondered if it was legal or not I even posted a question on the bowhunting board, and I thought to myself...... the guide would know the law and enforce his client to do everything legally and ethically, reading all this makes me wonder even more. I hope everyone gets what they deserve in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    If they used the plane, and the plane may be forfeited, why not the lodge too? It was the base of operations for both the criminals acting as guides and the hunters who at this point may have unwittingly been criminals also.
    I can't see as how it is farfetched to take any and every asset that aided in this illegal activity? The lodge might bring a pretty penny to AK Law Enforcement.
    Maybe they should be digging deeper into the clients. If the clients hunted illegally albeit possibly unintentionally, get them to cough up everything on the father and son dynamic criminal duo or prosecute them also. Not fair? It was not fair to Alaskans for all those animals to be taken in that manner.
    I can see a civil suit coming out of this as well. What's a world record brown bear worth (financially) to a TV host and video producer - versus having that record stripped and being caught up in criminal allegations?

Are they going to try to seize all those trophy's that were taken illegally?

There's a lot of possibilities depending on how far they want to push this. It'll be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Seen this come out on ADN today. You've probably already read the story. Let's hope it's not true, but seems there is overwhelming evidence against this guide..

http://www.adn.com/2010/05/14/127853...ing-guide.html
    I disagree about it not being good. Definitely not good for him, but it does not, at least in my opinion, give hunters in general a bad rap. I would think that letting these things happen without catching them and making it public that they are being prosecuted would be far worse. I would say far more of the "anti" crowd are convinced that "we" cover for each other and things that people do wrong are covered up and/or totally ignored. The more that is shown that people who do it wrong are being caught and dealt with, the more legitimate the rest of us who do it right will look. The more we show that we don't support those who cheat the system, the better the rest of us as a group will look.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast