Thread: .300 Saum

Default .300 Saum

I am trying to find load data for loading my Remington .300 SAUM. I purchased 180 and 200 gr Barnes TSX bullets, but cannot find any load data for these bullets. The 300WSM has a few loads that I found. My question, is the WSM close enough that I could use the same lower end to start and work a load up from there?

Second ?, has anyone loaded the 200gr TSX in 300? Any powder suggestions? I have cans of H4831, 4350, and RL19. Thanks in advance, John

Default Stretching the 300 Rem Short...

Dutch,

The Barnes No. 3 does not list the 300 RSAUM. I think any of the powders listed will work for the RSAUM. Case capacity becomes a real issue with heavier bullets in that very short case, especially in a short action bolt gun such as the Remington short action M700, if you must seat to the 2.8" length. The Barnes bullets are longer and create even more of a space problem. 56.0 grains of H4831 would be about all you could squeze in it and velocity would be about 2400 fps. H4350(or IMR) would likely be better velocity with the same charge. This loading is going to be more of a capacity issue rather than one of high pressure.

If you have a long drop tube for the powder that will help. A max load will be at or near the starting load for the WSM. I would start 2-3 grains less than the starting loads for the 300 WSM, and use the Barnes #3 book data.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Exclamation SAUM load

My new Hodgdon list a few loads with the 300 SAUM; these are for a 200grn Nos. Part. 66c grns. H4831 vel. 2755, 63,200psi ; 59.5c grns H4350 vel. 2751 63,200 psi; 59.5 grn H414 vel 2788 64,100psi. OAL 2.825

Just e-mail barnes and they will send you the data that they have.

I agree about emailing Barnes. Ty will probably respond within a few days. Doesn't take him long and he's usually dead on the money.

Default Thanks

for the info. John

Default A possible Reloading Resource

I picked up some information for a 7mm SAUM at the Relaoders nest. You might want to try there or at accurate reloading.

Good luck,

Matt M

Default Barnes

Thanks, I just got an email from Barnes today with all the load data I need. John