Thread: Custom 260 Rem Range Report

Default Custom 260 Rem Range Report

Just started working with my 260 Rem. Need to adjust OAL for 125gr Partitions and 129gr SP but the 100gr SP is looking real good using H4350, Rem brass and Fed 210M primers. OAL 2.707" group size .201"

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Chrony

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Default Wasting paper?

BT - looks like you waste a lot of paper poking them all in the same hole like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    BT - looks like you waste a lot of paper poking them all in the same hole like that?
    yeah, sure is a shame how that works out.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Very, very nice results BT!

Yes, it is starting to come together for me with this rifle and it is doing so very quickly, which is a plus. The 125gr Partitions are moving at 3034fps and are 9/10 to 1 1/4" and the 129gr Spire points are moving at 2911fps and are 7/8 both are being pushed by Norma MRP and I need to adjust my OAL to tighten them up.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

that group you just posted a pic of, if you subtract the .264 diameter...... it would have been a .18" inch group. amazing accuracy. You're makin me miss my 260, but the winch on my truck has been a decent trade for that rifle, and there's some young buck down in the woods of Mississippi puttin dear down every year with that rifle from what I've heard. With a 160 grain roundnose.....I would not hesitate to use that gun on Moose, if my huntin buddy was toting a larger rifle for bear during the field dress.

Thumbs up I like it...

I been thinking about getting a Rem. Mod.7 in .260 for my grand kid's to borrow as they are getting older. So many guns, so little time...