Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Guesses?

Default Any Guesses?

Anyone have any guess what this bear will square and an aprox weight, not a bad bear for the first to hit my bait eh?206.jpg

[ATTACH]400.jpg[/ATTACH] here's a few more
    Attached Images Attached Images

411.jpg one more pic

Default big bear

easy over 6'-6" closer 7'

Default 80"

My prediction: 6' 7"
    It's a toad.
    Nice cinnamon color.

How big is the bait barrel? If that is a five gallon bucket then I need to adjust my guesstimate.

Good luck!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Stogey View Post
    My prediction: 6' 7"
    It's a toad.
    Nice cinnamon color.

How big is the bait barrel? If that is a five gallon bucket then I need to adjust my guesstimate.

Good luck!
    was my first thought... but hummmm that face and bridge off the snout would take some serious looking at prior to taking a shot. the photos are not that great...

i had a huge cinnamon turned into a FLUFFY sow griz in the daylight a few years back...that first photo says griz to me...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

That's a nice cinnamon bear he'll make a great rug!
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I'm with Vince. My first thought was a grizz by the dip in the bridge of the nose. If it turns out to be a cinnamon by more investigation, good luck to ya. That's a big fat azz on it either way.

Default That's a big cinnamon!

Looks like the picture my buddy from Belt, MT showed me the other day! Not a grizz and that will go 6 1/2 to 7'. It is a TOAD!

Default I'm not sure

But I could go out and take a look for you. That would save you a trip. Please?
    I disagree w/ Vince on the nose and the back looks flat, no hump. Doesn't seem to have the hair of a grizzly either.
    I can't disagree with the other guesses on size one bit. If you decide you don't want it, I am available on a moments notice. Good luck, get more photos, and thanks for sharing these.
    ARR

thanks for the replies so far guys, i have 452 photos of him, i'll post some more when i get a chance, i thought it might be a grizz at first also because of the dished face, but after looking at all the pics and the fact that its in an area in wyoming with no known grizzlys i'd have to say its a black, the lack of hump, and i also got this pic, i hear grizz don't have such a wedge in the back foot ?274.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by elkmasterwyo View Post
    411.jpg one more pic
    I would absolutely love to see a big cinnamon like that this week.

Quote Originally Posted by elkmasterwyo View Post
    thanks for the replies so far guys, i have 452 photos of him, i'll post some more when i get a chance, i thought it might be a grizz at first also because of the dished face, but after looking at all the pics and the fact that its in an area in wyoming with no known grizzlys i'd have to say its a black, the lack of hump, and i also got this pic, i hear grizz don't have such a wedge in the back foot ?274.jpg

452 photos? How long have you been watching him?

Elk,
    Nice looking bear! Great hide and beautiful color
    My guess is 6'10"
    What are you doing on the forum.... go shoot em!
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

River Rat is such a good guy, always ready to assist other bear baiters with monster bears. I assure you that is a huge cinnamon black bear. If you have that many pics and he is coming in on a regular basis you need to get out and sit on that stand now. AK145 and I had a couple bears that size on our baits last year, lot of pics early, and on a regular basis. Once the sows went into heat and everything greened up we didn't see them nearly as often. We passed up one toad early last year bc Lee and Tiffany were coming in the following week, big mistake, we didn't see that toad the rest of the season. I really hope you don't get this message because you are out sitting on that stand now. Good luck, can't wait to see some pics of that bear on the ground.

Default Barrel

My compliments to you on your barrel. It does not distract from the photo at all! It just takes a few minutes to paint up the barrel to make it blend in with the natural surroundings. Sure beats the blue polydrums I see in way to many photos!

Never thought for a second he was a grizzly. Beautiful mature cinnamon black bear there, go get him !

6'10.5" that's a blackie hunted lot's of brownies here in AK and that's not one

Default Great Bear!

Nice bear. I hope he comes in when your on your site. I would guess he is
    6 1/2 to 7. Great bear with an awesome hide. Keep us updated.

The 3d pic really made the color stand out and confirmed my thoughts of a cinn. Puurrrty Cinnamon!

**Don't forget to post pics posing next to it!! Shake N Bake!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast