Thread: Poulan embed test:

Default Poulan embed test:

Whoa slow down there wild thing I hate to say it but you were disqualified from the hot saw competition. The second disk was not complete

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

you know why they are called poulan saws don't you?

after you use them a few times

you. pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an pull an....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Mines still working, but running on my 4th chain...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    Mines still working, but running on my 4th chain...
    I have a Poulan I bought in '98. It still works after cutting innumerable beetle kills for the stove, though I have replaced it first with a Homelite (Chineses junk) and more recently with a Husky. The Poulans are (or were) reasonably good saws for the money.

Poulans used to be great saws when they were built properly (through the 70's). They are now built by Husky after changing hands a couple times and may be getting better, but I don't like them as far as I can toss them and then some.

I prefer stihls or straight husky's. I have both and use them regularly.

The last poulan I had was a wildthing like shown in the clip. Within 3 hours of light cutting after purchase (birch, spruce limbs), the flywheel fins broke like something got jammed in there! I never did find the missing fins. Took two months to get it fixed under warranty, I had only got it as my main stihl was getting a carb rebuild (031 AV) and I needed to finish getting the trees cleaned up in the yard. They are cheap for a reason.

Now that husky is building them, they may get a little better, but since it is not supposed to be a good work saw, I don't recommend them. Stick with the name brands, not the cheapies...

Sounds like a sick mosquito lugging down in that little cut. I have had Stihll saws since 1974 when my brother-in-law from Washington bought me one so he would not be running my Lombardi when he came to Arizona. I fell in love with how light, fast, and vibration free they are.

When I first moved to Alaska the saws didn't come on the first trip so I picked up a Poulan 40cc Wild Thing from Costco to clear a spot for the wife's garage. Fell 2 trees and through the chain, when trying to fix it I found the bar studs had stripped out of the powerhead. Took it back and Costco replaced it. Number 2 had a long list of little problems including the bar studs so it went back and I bought another Stihll.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Poulans...

aren't bad...I've the 2375 & the new Wild Thing (4018, stands for 40cc 18") & the newer one doesn't have the L & H carb adjustors, nor does it have the idle adjustor...like my 2375...

My older one the recoil spring gave out, & the spring cover screws stripped out, but I can easily tap them out to fit...my older one I bought in '06...still runs...some 4 years later, & I cut ALOT of wood...my new one I bought 1.5 years ago & cut TONS of wood as well...it wouldn't idle for some odd reason...but runs great on full throttle...

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    aren't bad...I've the 2375 & the new Wild Thing (4018, stands for 40cc 18") & the newer one doesn't have the L & H carb adjustors, nor does it have the idle adjustor...like my 2375...

My older one the recoil spring gave out, & the spring cover screws stripped out, but I can easily tap them out to fit...my older one I bought in '06...still runs...some 4 years later, & I cut ALOT of wood...my new one I bought 1.5 years ago & cut TONS of wood as well...it wouldn't idle for some odd reason...but runs great on full throttle...
    You are a poor chainsaw salesman but it tells me you’re an honest man.

The way I see it Poulans are a good saw for the avrage homeowner and better than a Homelite or McCullough but a far cry from a Sthill or Husky. I still have and use that 038 Sthill from 1974 and couldn’t even guess at the wood it cut, I paid the bills with it cutting firewood commercially for a couple years even. It’s been through bars, chains, an oak falling on it that busted the back handle, and new rings when the power got week but never let me down or needed any tinkering around with in the woods at all. The Huskys I’ve been around are just as good but they are selling some reduced quality consumer models (on par with Poulans) in box stores now so if buying a Husky learn the good model numbers before buying.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default AD..

I wouldn't really say Poulans are for the "Average" homeowner, but for someone with a lil' knowledge of two stroke workin's & carberator tuning, they're GREAT! Particularly when you can look up on Youtube & see just how many vids are out there for such need...

It's like buyin' a bicycle from a big box store...out of the box, most bikes aren't "tuned"...same with chainsaws...

The Chainsaw debate will rage...just like the Harley vs. Japanese, Polaris vs. Skidoo, etc. etc.

My husky is the "work saw" for putting wood up and real land clearing but it is big and fairly heavy for all the little stuff. I also need a "camp saw" to strap to the back of the wheeler and I don't want to do that with the nice husky so I have been shopping for a cheap beater. The pull-an (pull somore) may be that saw. Then again my FIL has an old stihl that has been sitting in his shed for years sooo I may have to liberate that bad boy and tune it up. What to do "cheap" poulan or FREE stihl

Free Stihl? Nah wouldn't bother. By the way, where 'bouts does he live?

Helped a friend a little on his house and he handed me a box-o-parts. Turned out to be a 039. New piston and cylinder cost about half the price of the saw and it's up and screamin. Broke 'er in and cut 8 cord this spring. Couldn't be happier! Now I gotta find a splitter to do the 28" rounds I got stacked up

I run an older husky, picked it up for $160 at a pawn shop ~12 years ago. (not my saw, same model)

I'm still running the same spark plug, and even after sitting all winter it only needs a couple of pulls to get going. I have had to replace the pull starter cord, other then that just add pre-mix and bar oil, sharpen the chain on occasion, and it cuts and cuts and cuts.

Once you've used a real saw, you just can't go back.

RMK

Default Good example of what not to do

That video probably started out with, "hold my beer and watch this." No eye protection, no ear protection, no gloves, no chaps, a short sleeve T-shirt, and some awesome Nike logging shoes.

What a tool!