Thread: The new "Tundra Extreme".....love at first sight

Default The new "Tundra Extreme".....love at first sight

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this new sled, but hot dmn! The 600 etec (amazine gas mileage), the lynx pogo susp. (great through the woods), the sled pullin drive train, the 2.25 in. track (just right)..........and they made a winner folks. One sled.....everything. Just my kind of machine. I have a feeling that this season......this sled will be the one utility machine by which all are others are judged. This will probably be one of the most popular utility machines for long range work/hunting/ice fishing.....for 2010.

The math doesn't work for me. Tundra Extreme books for $10699 with the 600 ETEC.

Tundra LT $7949 with the 550F. It is a $1450 upgrade to the 600.

I will look at it more. I really like my 2008 Tundra LT and 2007 Tundra 300F. They like to go boondocking!

is RER not available on the etec? mechanical reverse and low windshield seem like two misses (and the pricetag!) looks like a great sled though, wish I could pick one up along with a couple 300s - family would be all set!

Skidoo had a misprint, it does come with rer reverse, small windshield does suck, but is easily fixed for more mmooooooooney of course.
    I took the blind jump and snowchecked the Tundra Extreme.
    Had such good luck with the outboard ETEC, it was easier to go with ETEC on a snowmachine.
    Will let yall know this winter if it is worth a hoot

Default Actual price?

What's the actual price OTD? $10K is too much for a sled (IMO), but if this thing was $8500, I'd be selling my 09 Tundra LT and upgrading in a heartbeat.

Default 2011 tundra

long range hunting, fishing, trapping?? I doubt it.........it's not bush friendly to work on at all. As far as I'm concerned skidoo turned it's back on trappers and those that live in the bush, no wonder the Bravo is selling like hotcakes. They need a simple, tough, light sled in their line-up and the new tundra isn't that.............

Quote Originally Posted by thunder chicken1 View Post
    long range hunting, fishing, trapping?? I doubt it.........it's not bush friendly to work on at all. As far as I'm concerned skidoo turned it's back on trappers and those that live in the bush, no wonder the Bravo is selling like hotcakes. They need a simple, tough, light sled in their line-up and the new tundra isn't that.............

well.....yah gotz tah make due with what they provide. Yes, that machine is far from what a tundra used to be, but there is no doubt that it is going to be a very popular machine. Bush orders have already begun. My son has an older tundra, and it's about perfect for what we need a small machine for. If I were to actually drop cash on a new sled.....that'd be the one I'd want due to the pogo suspension and that 600 etec gem of a motor.

here's true bush machine that I completely restored for my son:

only thing i dont like is the price you can almost buy 2 tundra sports for one extreme