Thread: Unique

Default Unique

Is there anywere that has it? I have not went everywere but, places I have don't have, Cabelas is backorder and so is Midway.

Since you're in Anchorage, your best bet is to stick to local places for powder and primers (most places won't ship that stuff to Alaska). I'd check places like Great Northern Guns, Mt. View Sports, and other gun shops like that. I'm pretty much done with Sportsman's Warehouse, but I suppose you could always check there too.

If you're willing to consider something besides Unique, you might try Power Pistol. I use it instead of Unique now because it meters so much better, burns so much cleaner, and provides equal or better accuracy in my guns and loads.

Mike

800X has a similar burn rate too, maybe slightly slower. I was given a bunch of it (two 8-pound kegs) by a friend, and when you get so much for free, you kinda learn to love it. In the manuals it's usually listed anywhere Unique is listed and about 10% higher charges for min and max. I've been subbing it directly grain-for-grain for Unique and getting similar performance. The friend also gave me 8-pounds of 700X, and though I haven't tried it yet, it looks to be slightly faster than Bullseye. I bet I learn to love it too!

I wish my friends were that generous!

Mountaintrekker

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    The friend also gave me 8-pounds of 700X, and though I haven't tried it yet, it looks to be slightly faster than Bullseye. I bet I learn to love it too!

A few .45 ACP affecianados at the local indoor range swear by 700X.

It's a real "sleeper" on the powder rack. Most guys don't know about it and leave it lay while moaning about the lack of another powder. You sometimes find dusty cans on store shelves at the old prices.

As for my generous friend, no kidding! He was a serious reloader, but had to move overseas. I was sorry to see him go, but imagine my delight when he showed up in my driveway with his lifetime powder collection. He didn't want to hassle selling the stuff, and decided to give it to me for past considerations. We're talking half a pickup load. He always bought 8-pounders whenever he could, so I was scrambling for storage for a bunch of large cans. It sure adjusts your "taste" for powder variety, at least till you use it up.

i just saw some at sportsmans in anchorage.