Thread: Looking for wildlife while kayaking

Default Looking for wildlife while kayaking

Hi,
    I am looking for a good place for wildlife viewing while kayaking. We would like to do an unguided sea kayak trip for about 4 to 6 days in the near of Anchorage (to reach by public transport, e.g. Seward, Whittier etc) in the middle of August. We like to see marine animals, especially sea otters and whales. If there is a additional chance to see bears and glaciers, perfect.

Thanks for recommendations
    Tomke

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tomke View Post
    Hi,
    I am looking for a good place for wildlife viewing while kayaking. We would like to do an unguided sea kayak trip for about 4 to 6 days in the near of Anchorage (to reach by public transport, e.g. Seward, Whittier etc) in the middle of August. We like to see marine animals, especially sea otters and whales. If there is a additional chance to see bears and glaciers, perfect.

Thanks for recommendations
    Tomke

Circumnavigation of Culross Island or cruising Hariman Fjord plus a kayak rental would be my suggestion. Good float plans... can do it in the 4-6 day window, see much of the wildlife (sea + land), much of the trip is reasonably protected water, good camping, fishing, also nice with water taxi services if needed.