Thread: Aftermarket Mauser Stocks?

Default Aftermarket Mauser Stocks?

I am thinking about replacing the stock on my Interarms 30-06. It currently has a full length manlicher stock. I would like soemthing a bit more weatherproof and brush proof. My understanding is that this is a large ring Mauser. Am I correct? So will any large ring Mauser 98 stock fit? Are any brands a better fit than others? Anyone have a close look at the Fajen laminated stocks that are on ebay all the time?

Default Hogue

I sure like my Hogue Overmolded.
    Shortwave

Ride well, shoot straight and be a man of honor.

Bronco, yes it is a large ring mauser action. One thing to take into consideration is that the interarms comes with a safety built into the trigger so whatever stock you get your gonna have to finish inletting it. Usually most stocks for mauser action come inletted for a standard trigger and the safety up on the bolt shroud. I never really messed with the fajens but I did by a fajen synthetic off of ebay but havent recieved it yet.

What are you gonna do with the old stock if you do replace it? Been thinking of making up a mannlicher stocked rifle.

Blink,

Thanks for the input, I didn't think about the difference in safetys. Guess I found another use for that Dremel tool my wife said I would never use. Let me know how your Fajen turns out, they seem like a decent stock for the price. Weight isn't much of any issue, with that heavy barrel it isn't going to be an ultralight. Think I am going to keep the original stock for now in case I decide to switch back but I will let you know if I decide to get rid of it.

Rob

I just simply bought a M98 LR nutmeg laminated replacement stock from Boyds. www.boydsgunstocks.com