Thread: Seward Halibut Charter

Default Seward Halibut Charter

Who's good? Who's bad?

Sell me a charter...

Call the Fish House, ask for Mereidi, she is good

Aurora Charters has always been good to me. They take you where the fish are

Just in time Charters. Justin is a local boy who grew up in seward. A fun captian with a clean boat who will work his butt off to get you butts silvers kings or rock fish
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Crackerjack is argubly the best in Seward, perhaps the state.

Unfortunately the forums don't allow negative reviews, so all I can say is that just because an outfit is big and runs a couple of deltas, doesn't mean they put the greatest effort into getting you on the fish. And I'm not alone in that assesment.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Crackerjack is argubly the best in Seward, perhaps the state.

Unfortunately the forums don't allow negative reviews, so all I can say is that just because an outfit is big and runs a couple of deltas, doesn't mean they put the greatest effort into getting you on the fish. And I'm not alone in that assesment.

I could not agree more with paul on bigger does not mean better in this case

That's what she said
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    That's what she said

I was waiting for that one. It was just a question of who was gonna say it. That is why the "in this case" I figured it would you Dan or Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyak View Post
    Who's good? Who's bad?

Sell me a charter...
    Jimmy on the Servant is good

Yeah, I'm not sure where the "bigger is better" idea comes from (other than "that's what she said" incidents). I have a 26 ft. boat with twin 115's that gets me to where the "bigger" guys are going about half an hour quicker than they do. So I can fish an hour longer than they do or at least I'm there a half hour before they are. And the size of the boat certainly doesn't dictate what size fish you're going to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttley Crew Fishing View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure where the "bigger is better" idea comes from (other than "that's what she said" incidents). I have a 26 ft. boat with twin 115's that gets me to where the "bigger" guys are going about half an hour quicker than they do. So I can fish an hour longer than they do or at least I'm there a half hour before they are. And the size of the boat certainly doesn't dictate what size fish you're going to catch.
    While I can't go as fast as you can Dave, I go pretty much everyday I want in my little CD 22. Perhaps I am just a hearty soul. And like you noted, even I can outrun a few of the big pig 45 foot charters that only go 12 knots....Best part when the price of gas is 5 plus bucks at the dock, 3-4 gph fuel burn.....

However, back to the original topic. I have had some really nice trips with Jim on the Swell Time. He's a good guy, and a nice guy, that really goes out his way to make sure everyone has a good time. Plus, he's got a pretty fast 6 pack boat. While I am not sure who is running it this year, the Tia Rose is an incredible boat to be on as it cruises at something like 40 mph (smooth as glass thanks to Armstong Cat) and makes the run over near Montegue regularly. Everytime I see that boat I drool.......