Thread: Car-wash fuel totes?

Default Car-wash fuel totes?

I'll be in Anchorage later this week and am wondering if any of you know of a car-wash in town where I could buy a few of their used 15 or 30 gallon plastic soap containers. I'm looking for a means of storing extra fuel on my boat for an extended PWS trip. Thanks.

Dave
    Soldotna

I don't know of one in Anchorage, but do know of one in Wasilla. He is in a little used car / barrell selling lot behind the car wash which is behind Target. Directions from Anchorage would be drive to Wasilla, turn right on the Palmer / Wasilla Hwy. Go past Target (Fred Meyer is on your right). After the light past Target, he is immediately on your right.

I bought 2 -30 gal drums from him that I use for boating and snowmachining.

Hope this helps, if you can't find any in Anchorage.

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Anchorage only because that's where the work is

There is a car wash just east of the costco on Debar that I got some for free two years ago.

Charterboat Operator

Default Garrets

Garrets tesoro Arctic/International usually has some.

Monster wash on Dimond (2195 W Dimond Blvd) had a sign saying they were selling the 30 gallon ones a few days ago.

I used to buy them from the old Hanna Car Wash until Tom closed and sold out. I would try Pink Elephant Car Wash...
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Default CL Ad

Was a couple ad's on Craigs List for them.

Default Barrel guy in Wasilla

I drove past the location on Palmer Wasilla last week and it looked like his lot had been completely cleared out. FYI

Just purchased three (3) from him (Wasilla guy on Craigslist).. he will cut a hole, etc. to your specs but just raised his cost about $5 or $10 bucks per barrel. As of Monday (yesterday) he had stock (can't recall why the price increase); his number was 357-2750. After you pick one up, stop by the car wash and pressure wash it with soap and water before using it for bait.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.