Thread: First Time

Default First Time

My brother and I are planning to come up in Sept. to bow hunt moose. We are thinking on the Brooks Range area. We are looking for a transporter for a drop hunt. We would appreciate any thoughts or help. I have talked to Brooks Range Aviation and he sounds pretty good.

Default just my thoughts

Wright air service out of fairbanks is awesome, they have several areas that they can drop you off at, plus I know they fly north. Not sure how good the brooks range is, might be cheaper to fly south from fairbanks into the alaskan range. I hunted 20A, saw lots of moose and was done on opening day

I appreciate the help I'll check them out. What should we expect up there?

Default what to expect

is kinda a broad question you will get better results being more specific good luc

golden eagle outfitters outa of delta, they take some nice moose over there as well. and actually have a later season just for bow hunters that would be better than the first part of september if i was just bowhunting moose i'd really look into it.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Brooks Range moose

There are better places to hunt moose than the Brooks Range. I would recommend that you consider doing a bit more research before making a final commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    There are better places to hunt moose than the Brooks Range. I would recommend that you consider doing a bit more research before making a final commitment.

I am trying to research. I'm open to any suggestions. In fact I'll take all the help I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    golden eagle outfitters outa of delta, they take some nice moose over there as well. and actually have a later season just for bow hunters that would be better than the first part of september if i was just bowhunting moose i'd really look into it.

Thanks I'll check them out.

Default Golden Eagle....

I have hunted sheep with Jim at Golden Eagle Outfitters before. Jim was great to deal with and very helpful when I was planning for my hunt. Check out their website and give them a call....although I would contine to keep checking around just as you are doing for sure.