Thread: Kasilof bait opener can't wait.

Default Kasilof bait opener can't wait.

Received my six-2010 Parker K-15 Kwikfish & going to outfit them this year with rvrfshr Sickle Siwash hooks, should be a deadly combination for Kings on the Kasilof as it opens to bait on the 16th. Can’t hardly sleep at nights as the season starts to kick off. Has anyone heard if Trujllo’s landing is going to open this year?????

Default Kasiof down river take out

I have been avoiding this river for the past few years. Where does a non-guide pull out these days? Besides Coho Cove.

Quote Originally Posted by KenaiV View Post
    I have been avoiding this river for the past few years. Where does a non-guide pull out these days? Besides Coho Cove.
    Last year the pull out was down river from Trujllos (the Kasilof Cabins) or the (inlet) both were a haul without a kicker motor when the tide was coming in with the wind in your face,,,,,, makes for blisters and a sore back.

Default Fish from Shore?

I have a boat but it is out of service for two more weeks. I have a cabin rented and ready to hit the Kasilof, but was wondering where can a guy fish from shore with success. I am new to the whole Kasilof river and just bought the boat so needless to say I am a little green behind the ears on this river. Any suggestions? Sorry if I stole the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MNAK08 View Post
    I have a boat but it is out of service for two more weeks. I have a cabin rented and ready to hit the Kasilof, but was wondering where can a guy fish from shore with success. I am new to the whole Kasilof river and just bought the boat so needless to say I am a little green behind the ears on this river. Any suggestions? Sorry if I stole the thread.
    No stolen thread here,,, its all good especially from the bank eeh eeh. One great place to fish from the bank is people’s hole at Crooked Creek State Recreation site. From Soldotna go over Sterling Hwy bridge, take a right on Cohoe Loop rd, then another right turn on Rilinda rd. If I am wrong would someone correct me,,,, PLEASE.

Again not wanting to hijack the thread, but in relation to MNAK08's question about fishing from shore-

Is fishing without bait productive? I spend most of my time fishing for silvers or reds and don't really like doing the whole bait thing. However, I would like to try and land a king this year and the Kasilof is high on the list of places to try.

feasable? productive?

Thanks guys!

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Default Yarn-

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post
    Again not wanting to hijack the thread, but in relation to MNAK08's question about fishing from shore-

Is fishing without bait productive? I spend most of my time fishing for silvers or reds and don't really like doing the whole bait thing. However, I would like to try and land a king this year and the Kasilof is high on the list of places to try.

feasable? productive?

Thanks guys!

Jon
    Yarn, yarn, yarn. And did I say yarn?

Beads and yarn, spin-n-glows etc, from shore, also work.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    Yarn, yarn, yarn. And did I say yarn?

Beads and yarn, spin-n-glows etc, from shore, also work.
    Agreed, wholeheartedly. I've caught quite a few "before bait is legal" kings on just "glo" yarn with a small "corkie" added for a little flotation, though just yarn would work as well.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the info

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter3 View Post

feasable? productive?

Thanks guys!

Jon
    Another thought here. If bait IS legal when you are fishing it's generally thought to be more productive than no bait. That's one of the reasons they restrict its use. If you are wanting to catch fish your odds are going to increase if you use at least a small amount of bait. So if you're really interested in catching fish it's going to maximize your chances.

Trujillo’s is it going to open this year?

Default Trujillo's

I am pretty sure Trujillo's will not ever open back up, unless the state finally decides to buy the property and build a state take out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentbranch View Post
    I am pretty sure Trujillo's will not ever open back up, unless the state finally decides to buy the property and build a state take out.
    What are they waiting on? There wallet’s so thick if they rolled over it could brake there arm.. Lolol.