Thread: Float Hunting.

Default Float Hunting.

I am planning on doing my first float hunt this year. It will be for sheep up in the Arctic Wilderness area. What do you wear while floating down river? Hunting clothes, waders, chest waders, or ???

Default Give me a shout-

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    I am planning on doing my first float hunt this year. It will be for sheep up in the Arctic Wilderness area. What do you wear while floating down river? Hunting clothes, waders, chest waders, or ???
    Please drop me a private message and let's get together on the phone; I see you have a lot of questions on float hunting. I've been teaching that subject for 14 years or so, and though that doesn't make me the world's foremost expert, I think I can help you get started. I'd be happy to help and it won't cost you a dime.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

What will cost you is buying the DVD from Prostine Ventures called Float Hunting Alaska Vol. 1. In addition to what Mike tells you, this is a very informative video that has a lot of good things in it. Plus you get to see the problems and situations talked about, like shallows, sweepers, etc. I believe the video is available off this site.