Thread: Problems with my Ray Marine

Default Problems with my Ray Marine

I recently upgraded the software on my DSM300 sounder and my E-120 classic multi function display (MFD). At some point I pulled the CF card out at the wrong time and got a fatal error message. Since then the DSM300 hasn't had the functionality that it is supposed to have. I've called costumer support and went through all the resets and checked all connections as recommended. No luck so far. The nearest Ray Marine certified repair man is in Homer, and he didn't sound very confident about working on it. He said he does most of his work on older C models.

Question is...does anybody know a technician around Anchorage that might be able to fix the thing?

Default You Might Try

Surveyors exchange. They have a great VHF radio/GPS shop for sure. If they don't work on it, they should be able to steer you right.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

I just got off the phone with Ray Marine Support, and it sounds like it is going to have to be sent back to NH. He said to just send the DSM300, and not the MFD.

Would anybody locally here in Anchorage be willing to plug there DSM300 into my unit? That way I would know for sure that I can just send in the DSM300. If the display still didn't work right with a known working DSM300 I would know that the MFD would have to be sent in also.

Disregard the last post of mine. The DSM300 just went out express mail. It still worked, but not very well, and it wasn't consistent. What the heck, the weather is bad for a few days anyway.