Thread: Need black bear advice.

Default Need black bear advice.

I have one more summer in Alaska, and this will be the only full season I've had to hunt a bear.

So that's the sob story... here's the question bit. I've narrowed my choices down to Petersville Road, and Kenai Lake. I'm likely going to hunt both, but I'm not sure which I should spend the majority of my time at. I don't have a canoe or a boat, but I do have a wheeler.

So, that being said, does anyone have any advice or experience on those locations? Or, if I'd you like PM me. Any help would be appreciated.

Lots of trails between anchorage and Kenai lake, hike back in and glass the mountain sides. Heard there are bears up sky line trail, but pretty steep until you get on top. Might try the trails towards seward as well. good luck. And Thank you for your service to our country.

Definetly head down towards Seward/Kenai. Lots of black bears in that country and it will be alot easier to hunt than Petersville road. Get your binoculars out and use them!
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

You could also rent a boat from Elmendorf or Ft. Rich. MWR. Get a couple of guys to split the cost and go down to Whittier or Seward for Some spot and stalk action.

Default bluesky007

We don't appreciate spam in these forums! Nike makes crap shoes anyway, but this is not the place for your slick, slide em in while they're not looking ads. Go away and don't come back here. You are one vile creature to try to pull this crap on folks.

Quote Originally Posted by mmusashi2k View Post
    We don't appreciate spam in these forums! Nike makes crap shoes anyway, but this is not the place for your slick, slide em in while they're not looking ads. Go away and don't come back here. You are one vile creature to try to pull this crap on folks.
    Just hit the button in the future when you see spam, and one of the mods will usually be able to delete the message and ban the spammer within a short amount of time.

Drives me crazy as well, but they won't come back to read the responses to their messages. Even if they wanted to, they'll be banned by then.