Thread: Esquif Cargo Canoes are availible for special order at REI

Default Esquif Cargo Canoes are availible for special order at REI

They will special order and you have to arrange freight to their shipping port in washington.....they will then be shipped up to Anchorage by boat. The price to purchase from REI is $1650. It is best to request directly with Esquif to ship it to the REI distirbution center.

What will shipping cost to get it to the REI port in Washington?
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    What will shipping cost to get it to the REI port in Washington?

unknown at this point, but if anybody finds themselves interested......it may make a powerful "inventory changing" move if a group of folks met up at rei at a "determined" date.....and plomped the cash down for a multi cargo canoe order. Then......REI would think a little harder about custom ordering them more frequently. I'm going to sell one of my square sterned discovery canoes, and when that one sells.....I will be ready to order. I will figure out the rest of the logistics. I was simply letting folks in the Anchorage area know that I'm working on this for us and that my progress has only begun. More to follow tomorow when I talk to Esquif regarding shipping from their locations in canada.....to Washinton. I will ask very specific questions about shipping 1, or shipping multi orders.....and what difference it makes. I will also make more progress regarding why REI can't factor in shipping and these other accomodations. More to follow.........

Thanks for the leg work on this. They do have a distributor in Oregon so shipping to Seattle shouldnt be much at all. Unless something else pops up to buy am pretty sure I will order one as well. Keep me posted if you could.
    Thanks
    Tennessee

would it be a cheaper to get them from whitehorse? Mark at up north stocks them and maybe a deal could be had on a quantity purchase

They would have to be at least $400 less than REI for me to want to drive from Anchorage to Whitehorse to justify the fuel costs to carry back a canoe
    Tennessee

Does anyone have additional details on special ordering an Esquif Cargo through REI in Washington?

I would pick it up on our way from Maine to Bellingham in June on our way to POW.

Thanks in advance.

call them an ask

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    call them an ask
    Gosh, why didn't I think of that. . . ?

1. I live and work in Mongolia, land lines and long distance service are hard to come by. I won't be back stateside until the end of June.
    2. There had been discussion earlier in the thread about a group order.
    3. Most of the emails I have sent from Mongolia to companies or individuals never get replied to.

Quote Originally Posted by wynot View Post
    Gosh, why didn't I think of that. . . ?

1. I live and work in Mongolia, land lines and long distance service are hard to come by. I won't be back stateside until the end of June.
    2. There had been discussion earlier in the thread about a group order.
    3. Most of the emails I have sent from Mongolia to companies or individuals never get replied to.
    I gave up trying to deal with REI as I found myself doing all of the work. The next time I called, non of them had any clue or recollection of prior conversations. I put my order on one with Up North Adventures in Whitehorse. They are a true Esquif dealer, and understand they need to stock the most popular canoe model.....the Cargo. REI is a box store, nothing more. It's like attempting to shop at Wall Mart for your specialty outdoor equipment. I look forward to a trip to Whitehorse anyways, lots of beer and good people to drink with.

Mainer, thanks for the reply.

I have discovered that Esquif is in Quebec, so I'm going to see if I can get a Cargo shipped to Beans or KTP and pick it up there.

Of course my emails to Esquif have gone unanswered. . . . SOP here in Mongolia. Must go directly to the junk folder.