Thread: How do you cary your Binos?

Default How do you cary your Binos?

Just looking for a good way to cary my binos?

What activity are you doing?

When hunting....I place them in my front coat pocket. Pull them out glass- put them back; walk; pull them back out-put them back; walk...etc.
    Pocket keeps them secure and if I am in brush or crawling around they don't get in the way; just my way; some may find that inefficient.

When hunting I don't like them around my neck or on my chest in a "bino-buddy".

I know a lot of folks like bino buddies and Badlands has a nice bino carrying case that looks pretty good;
    http://www.badlandspacks.com/bino.php
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...questid=100932

Binos........? Binos..........? real men just use there Variable 12X to 36X Power Rifle scope. Don't need no stinking Binos. (Just Kidding).....

Around my neck, (no bino-buddy-thingie).

I like the alaska guide creations bino pack personally. It seems to be just the right size for wearing with a pack on and fits my 10x43's well

Default Carry

Bino buddies work for me although the Badlands outfit looks like a better option on the same principle. I do keep a cover on the eye piece of my binos to keep the debris out.

cool thanks for the replies, I was leaning towards the alaska creations, now I need to check out the badlands ones to make my choice. Oh yea the activity is hunting.

Default I use the Manzier!

Bino buddy for me all the way...50 AA cups!

Thumbs up Customized Bino carry

I have done some modification to my Badlands Binocular pouch. First off I really like the Badlands product due to materials used and customer service offered by the company. The magnetic closure system is fantastic, secure and easy to use. No snaps, clips or zippers. Just pull open and go. Close it and it automatically snaps shut with authority.

I tend to use my equipment fully but am not prone to abusing my equipment. I recently purchased a new pair of Minox 10 by 43 HG binocs from Doug at Cameraland and intend to protect these glasses (and most importantly the lenses) for years of rugged hunting usage. I keep Zeiss lens cleaning papers inside the Badlands pouch. The pouch also has ample storage space inside to hold a Topo Map handy for reference.

As for mods I have scrapped the strap system that came with the Badlands pouch. The straps that came with the pouch are not a well thought out design, in my humble opinion. I also removed the lower buckles on the back of the Badlands pouch completely. To reduce thickness of the Badlands pouch system I completely removed the rear green foam from the outside rear of the pouch by carefully cutting it off with a razor blade. I've contacted Badlands and asked them to send me a half dozen or so of the specialty buckles that were originally used on the strap system. This Badlands did for me free of charge.

I've attached a set of the female side to the buckle directly to my Minox binocs and the male side of the buckle to the elastic keepers inside the Badlands pouch. That's important for later on as the system affords a geat deal of flexibility of useage, depending upon conditions and immediate needs.

I use a Crooked Horn Bino Buddy harness, modified to accept the female side to the Badlands Buckles. This allows me to use the Badlands pouch directly with the Bino Buddy System. The Bino Buddy system keeps the Badlands Pouch close for immediate use and secure to my chest, while fully protecting the binoculars from sand, dirt, dust, and rain. The Bino Buddy does this with no "pain in the neck" feeling toward the end of the day.

The way the system is set up I can use the Bino Buddy system as described above connected to the Badlands Bino Pouch or I can ditch the Badlands pouch and use the Bino Buddy directly to the Minox Binocs, since the buckles all match.

I have sewn in the male side of the Badlands buckles onto short pieces of nylon web strapping and fastened them to the shoulder straps of my Barney's pack frame, and also onto my hunting day pack shoulder straps. This allows me further flexibility to carry the weight of my Binocs on my various pack frame straps, rather than support the weight of the Badlands pouch and binocs around my neck. And of course I can do this with the Badlands pouch or by directly attaching the binocs to the pack frame, since the buckles all match up for the versatility and optional manner of carry.

It's actually easier to see in person than to explain in written fashion. The modifications were done in an evening or so working on the kitchen table watchin the boob tube. The system is exactly how I want my binocs to interface with my hunting needs throughout a variety of changing conditions. Very comfortable, very accessible, and flexible to accomodate thin or thick clothing.
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I like the alaska guide creations bino pack personally. It seems to be just the right size for wearing with a pack on and fits my 10x43's well
    Is there anywhere in Anchorage that you can pick one of those up? Or do you have to order it from his website?

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    Is there anywhere in Anchorage that you can pick one of those up? Or do you have to order it from his website?
    B-rad,

You are correct in your thoughts, you can not obtain an Alaska Guide Creations bino pack locally in AK. Ironic???

Ex1811
    I really like what you did. I used my badlands pouch for the first time in pws in the rain. It is so tight it trapped warm air inside and when I pulled my binos out they fogged up for a few seconds.
    I was thinking of modding mine after I gave it more field time. I like how you used a bino buddy instead of stock straps. I am going to do that right away
    I am also going to add two on the bottom so I can attach my pistol holster
    Iam also going to add a padded divider so my binocs and rangefinder don't hit each other

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    B-rad,

You are correct in your thoughts, you can not obtain an Alaska Guide Creations bino pack locally in AK. Ironic???
    Kinda like not having a Cabelas in Alaska but they have a whole "Alaskan" Line

Thanks Ak_Lanche, I will probalby order one on line for my new Nikon Monarchs.

There is also the new Bino Hooker from Dead Down Wind.

They look pretty good although I haven't gotten one for testing yet.

Here's a link to a press release if you want to read more. I didn't want to cut and paste the whole thing.

(Note: this is a link to a press release and info only, there is no "buy it here" thing and I'm not selling anything - just giving info)

http://www.outwriteoutdoors.com/outw...no-hooker.html

www.outwriteoutdoors.com