Thread: Buddy stationed in CA says they scanned his ID to buy powder.

Default Buddy stationed in CA says they scanned his ID to buy powder.

Just got an e-mail from a friend who I used to serve with. He is now an active duty Major and since he is an Alaskan, the evil fates had him stationed in Calif. He said he went to buy some rifle powder last week and they scanned his ID card to record the purchase. When he complained they told him that next year they will do fingerprints...

Maybe it was just a city of county thing.... who knows down there...

Wow... if this spreads , we will have another big run on reloading gear and face another famine...
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Gee, makes a fellow want to move to California don't it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Gee, makes a fellow want to move to California don't it.
    I've got close relatives in Commifornia and I won't even go see them. If they want to see me they gotta come here!

From what they say were one earth quake away from being the lower 47. See ya Arnold!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

There are stores here in Fairbanks that scan the bar code for age information for liquor and tobacco sales
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

See I knew there had to be a benefit to not drinking.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

that very common down here in the land of fuits and nuts.. i had done when in cabalas store when buying a large amount of 177.cal pellets.. they where haveing a sale on the 177 cal match pellets -x-500 to a tin that where selling in 5 packs rolls and i bought 10 rolls that where on the shelf .. then came back in and bought some reloading supplies and they did that also ..so i think it the state of Commie Ca here ..

i have gotten a very emails backs from companys saying that they could not ship the item to me because of the Ca area address of the billing ..so now i do not put the anything like a address on the billing area and use the Anchorage apt address as the only billing address

I posted about this in the 2A thread last year when GOA informed me of it being signed into law. It is California State law beginning February 1, 2011 you will be required not only show ID (as now) but provides a fingerprint to buy ammo for handguns in California. Governor Schwarzenegger signed AB 962 into law on October 11, 2009. The couple of family members I have there (can't leave yet without losing much retirement money) didn't know about this till I told them it was law, it was slipped in very quietly! They now buy their gun stuff in Arizona, Nevada, or Oregon (mostly Reno) because of this rampant stupidity. They are NRA members all and heard not a peep about this from NRA/ILA . . . they are now also GOA members. It is very frightening how they got this through uncontested even if it is California.

http://bytestyle.tv/content/californ...-citizens-risk
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default Why?

"It is very frightening how they got this through uncontested even if it is California."
    Why? They've been pulling this stuff for along time there. It is just another step in their plan to remove guns from their citizens. I used to be an in-home dealer and licensed reloader in the seventies, when it was still actually fun. By the mid-80s, everything was going downhill. So, nothing new or surprising about this. What worries me more is Hillary Rotten Clinton signing on to the U.N. Global Disarmament Treat. Now THAT is very worrisome.

I have *****ed about the NRA since the mid 1970. That's why I belong to the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I have *****ed about the NRA since the mid 1970. That's why I belong to the National Shooting Sports Foundation.
    In january of this year I renewed my annual NRA membership with the folks set up inside the front door at a very large gun show. I never got my membership card or magazine so I figured what the heck something went hay wire....no big deal. I renewed it again in march when making a purchase at Brownells. I got my membership card in the mail right away but still no American Rifleman. Yesterday when I got the mail in I had another letter from the NRA informing that I had not renewed my membership yet and would I please do so!

Hmmm, National Shooting Sports Foundation. I think I'll "google" them.

Maybe the folks that run the NRA haven't gotten around to spending your money yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    Just got an e-mail from a friend who I used to serve with. He is now an active duty Major and since he is an Alaskan, the evil fates had him stationed in Calif.
    Is that Jeff?

Affirmative
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com